xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MuTeD

Unable To Delete File

I uploaded a PHP Script that was registering so my friends can keep up with info but we decided to take it down and my friend would start hosting it, but anyway i can delete all the files but the user folder.. says Permission Denied he can delete stuff off his server (it isnt Xisto) and stuff, so i was just wondering cause its annoying to have it there if its doing nothing..

make sure the permissions are set right all else fails chmod the file with 777 allows any to edit execute read and write to that file/folder. if that is the case then something on the server is using the folder/file and you need to locate what it is and stop it from using it before you can delete it.

yeah be sure.. you have permission to your users to have it deleted. simply chmod the files to 777 that's it and your done..

they have been at 777  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

how did that happen? you cmhod them to 777 ? but stil cant delete ? huh` ? have you seen their permissions to your files ?

Go to your Cpanel like this one.. Supposing Its my account

Posted Image

Click on File Manager.. then it will pop up to a new browser window..

Posted Image

Then select the files to which you want to set permissions.. lets say my file is deejames as what you see..

Posted Image

and chmod them to 777

I hope i made it clear...

For this.. plss increase my reputation... I been editing that pics in Photoshop eventhough I dont know about it.. hihi Just want to help you buddy.. so please would you :)

Check whot the creator of the file is. Sometimes only the file creator can delete the file. I run a php script that creates a new file and even though I create the file with 777 permission, on some servers, I cannot delete the file through FTP or the file manager. I had to create a php script to delete the file, in other words, have the "file creator" delete the file. It is odd but I think this could be your problem.