xisto Community
LocalSeer

What Do You Guys Think About People Who Sleep Around ?

A close friend of mine is very liberal and she sleeps with a different guy every week and continously sleeps with a few of them steadily. She's also very open about it and let's her friends know. This dosen't bother me much because shes a normal person otherwise and is great to talk to. But alot of people we know especially other girls call her a **** behind her back and constantly make fun of her. Is it really that bad to be open about sexuality, are social laws so unforgiving. I just want to know what some of you would think of her, and be realistic, like you know some of the guys who've she slept with and if you would act any different.

I wouldn't use the term "****" for her, I would use B****.Why would she want to sleep with more than one guy? with all my nowloge of a shrink I can tell you she's bored with her life.One guy would be enough.If she wants more than that then maybe she should change carrers.She should stop this before It get's out of hand.Let's say she get's preguant,With all the guy's she's been sleeping with It makes It hard to know who's the kids father. :) I surely would never wana get married to her.I'm sure every guy wouldn't wana love and strart a family with her knowing she sleeps or slept with many guys.All in all I think she should sit down and consontrate on getting a life because like I said before,If she wants to sleep around with guys then the best to do is go to the streets. :P

In my humble opinion, she is asking for trouble of the pregnancy or STD variety, never mind the consequences of the attitudes which the other friends are calling her names, etc. Hopefully she finds a way out of the current situation. As they say in the movies: " She has issues."

IMO, its okay to flirt with many if she's single. But to sleep with a different person could be asking for trouble (regardless if what gender you are). As many others said, consider the effects of sex related diseases such as STD, AIDs, and so forth. Pregnancy is also another issue in the females case.

Is it really that bad to be open about sexuality, are social laws so unforgiving.

well, society wants us to think that way. i guess the reason why she's open about it is because she feels that she is free by doing that. we have no control over that, and we cannot force her to stop doing what she feels could make her feel at her best. but like the previous post, it's not good health wise. it gets to the point that what she's doing wouldn't be good for her and her health. try guiding her and giving her some advice. nevermind the people who are teasing her. they are the ones who what i call "evil", those that step on people even at their lows. it's good that she has a friend that is concerned. help her out.

i have the same problem ok my freind sleep with men everday so i talk talk her ,i said it not health to have sex ever time so you should stop you might have hiv and cannot have sex no more .After few day she stop so you should talk to her ok or make sure she health.

If she's the legal age to consent, it's entirely her own business if she wants to sleep around. She's more than likely aware of these people making fun of her, and apparently it must not bother her too much. If it's a sexual addiction that you think could get out of hand, sit her down and talk with her. There are many serious side-effects that could result from this particular life-style, including social, physical, and mental problems. I personally, do not approve of sleeping around, but it's her own life she's messing up. Just be sure she knows the results.

You people are all wrong. Whe isn't doing it because she wants to be "free", or because this person is "bored with their life". This is a classic example of a girl with low self esteem issues.She has to sleep around to proove to others and herself that she is attractive and can get guys to notice her. All though what she is doing is getting attention from the guys, it does not mean it is healthy attention.It's like when a child tries to get the attention of the parents by acting out and doing bad things. The child does the bad things to get attention even if it is negative attention.In fact, this could also be one reason why she is sleeping aorund. It could be that something is wrong in the home and she is not feeling needed or loved. So she looks for that elsewhere. In other words, she looks for the missing elements in her life by attracting guys who provide "temporary" or "fake" love.These type of people cannot change unless they fix the root cause of their problem. It is probably a complex issue and should be dealt with in more detail and with more effort than can be had over the internet.One quesetion though, is she hot and where can i get some? LOL

It doesnt matter how many guys/girls you sleep with, once you make that leap to sex you create risks whether its your first, fifth, 10th, or 100th time having sex. So for everyone saying, you shouldn't sleep around you will get an STD, chances are...the STD anyone recieves will be one from the first person they sleep with, or a few after. Sure if you sleep around more, the risk is greater, but the risk is ALWAYS there. I've personally been givin such a hard time for the lifestyle of sleeping around, which i hardly do now. But its like i will say something, and someone, will some how in their mind connect it with me sleeping around, and tell me "well you slept around". And it kind of sucks, because i know i did, and i know i cheated but its all in my PAST, and i regret some of the choices i made, but they have been made, and now i have to choose to just stay forward in my life. I don't look down upon anyone who sleeps around. I wish they wouldn't only for their safety but other than that, its their life and as long as they are trying to be as safe as possible let them do whatever makes them fulfilled.

People that can do that and still live with themselves are amazing! i mean damn, it's just wrong going around sleeping with every second person that you see! i'll never undrestand what must go through those pepoles minds for them to do it!Just think about it, they are discgracing themselves, their friends and their family by doing it!Sure it's fun to sleep with lots of different people but still, just find yourself ONE partner and stay with that! Don't sleep with every Tom, *BLEEP* and Harry around!!!

Personally, i hold no person opinion on this matter. It's something that I wouldn't do myself, but altimatly it has to be her choice. There are a couple of issues that may cause a problem with other folks though... Firstly, the lads she's sleeping with - well do they know? Because if they don't then what she is doing is so wrong, and it's something that if I found out a partner was doing this to me, would really make me angry, but if they know and agree then hey! there is no problem. There is also always the problem of STI (HIV Etc), sleeping with so many different partners is very dangerous, and increases the chance of catching sti's or infections, which are not only uncomfortable, but can lead to other things more serious. I think it's ok if she does it for a bit of fun, so long as her guys know what is happening, so long as there in it for the same reason, then it doesn't matter I don't think. I mean some people may say why would you do that to your body, but to be honest I don't think it is such a big matter, it's done to the two individuals choice, it's something I wouldn't do myself, but like I said, so long as everyone knows, although it is frowned up, and is something I wouldn't do myself, it's her life, so it's her choice as far as I'm concerned. Sean.

Edited by Webber (see edit history)

I'm tending to agree with pretty much what everyone is saying. Basically she is asking for trouble, wither it be relationship wise or health wise. Either A: she going to end up with an STD that destroy her chances of having a kid when she wants to have one, or B: End up getting pregnant and she will not be able to deal with it.However, its really up to her to take the chance, if she thinks its worth the risk for a quick thrill, then she can go for it for that life style. However, I would make sure she clearly understands the risks and the effect those risks could have long term.

I'm tending to agree with pretty much what everyone is saying. Basically she is asking for trouble, wither it be relationship wise or health wise. Either A: she going to end up with an STD that destroy her chances of having a kid when she wants to have one, or B: End up getting pregnant and she will not be able to deal with it.
However, its really up to her to take the chance, if she thinks its worth the risk for a quick thrill, then she can go for it for that life style. However, I would make sure she clearly understands the risks and the effect those risks could have long term.

I agree.In my opinion she should stop sleeping around,find a guy and just stick with him.Sleeping around with many guys Is like running down a street where It is dark,and you can't see anything,but you keep running as fast as you can and eventually you going to end up at a dead end and hitting a wall.You won't know what hit you because you were blinded by the darkness.What I'm trying to say is that this girl by sleeping around will eventually end up in a bad situation,either its being pregnant or with HIV.There isn't a good end to it.

Hmmmm this IS an interesting topic. Particularly since there are so many ways to bat for or against it and yet everyone seems to be in the against it range:"Not a **** a B*****""People that can do that and still live with themselves are amazing!""She has issues!"Etc. Etc. Etc.What I find most amazing is that no one even assumed she used birth control or asked if she encouraged her lovers to use condoms. Instead many people went on about STD's and pregnancy in a way that had me thinking that she really is dense."But she MUST be dense! Look at all her sexual partners!" you may be thinking.Eh?How come it is okay and even considered studly by some for a male to have more than one girlfriend or lover at a time or different lovers consecutively but it is whorish for a gal to do the same?Over in the Dating Advice area of Xisto one fellow was asking for some advice on impressing a gal. He got many responses. Out of them was one fellow who self admittedly had 4 girlfriends. Was he chastised and judged in this manner? Actually he got kudos from other members with some of them asking how to go about getting 4 or so girl friends themselves.Eh?Anyways back to Ms. Liberal.....Let's for the sake of none of us knowing her give her a different background other than the ones many have already laid at her feet:Assume she is of legal age.Assume she is just dandy with her self esteem.Assume she takes responsible precautions ( testing, bc, condoms, being honest with her lovers, etc).Assume she just likes to experience a wide range of sexual activity for the sheer diversity, experience or pleasure of it.Does she still earn derragoatory names?Why?Many (not all mind you) guys complain that they want a "fresh one" in the bedroom and some even go out of their way to "cherry pop" ( be a virgin's first lover), however many guys ( again not all) have an awful lot to say when these types of gals can't kiss, won't do certain activities, and/or basically play "dead fish" in bed ( or end up with some sexual issues of their own).Guys (again I generalize with most guys and not necessarily ALL) want a gal who knows what she is doing in bed, but many will berrate and derragotorily label the gals who have the experience.Seeing as it takes two to have sexual intercourse......how is it that said openly sexual female is somehow scum while the guy seems to have not a hand at all with being labeled.....except as a victim or sad sap for having been bedded by such scum?

Personally i am not ok with a girl sleeping with tons of guys just because i dont want to just be one of many and also because it increases their risks of getting an std and such. I dont mind if a girl sleeps with someone who they are dating or in the process of having a relationship because it definitely is different. When you sleep with someone you care about, it just is better. Plus, if you are just sleeping around to sleep around, i guess you get a short stress relief but come on, there are soooo many other ways to relieve stress other than sleep with a random person.