xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
trace-uk

Globat.com Webhosting Just Charged My Card For An Unrequested Upgarde! do you have a site hosted by globat.com?

One of my webhosts just charged my card $29.95 for an upgrade I did not request. http://www.globat.com/ . I thinkthey just sent every customer an email awhile back saying "hey, if you don't follow these steps we're goign to charge you for this promotions package". Shouldn't they only charge you when you order stuff? It sounds to me like they know a certain percentage of customers will not check teir card statements or their email and not notice the charge.The promotions pack you're being charged for is awful. It includes meta-tag generator, link checker, website submitter and website analyser. I ca get all of that stuff for free online, and it won't significanty increase your website's ranking!What a joke. Are there any other globat.com customers out there?

well, I am certainly not a customer of globat.comI'd heard a good review of the service but now I think that this is aweful to charge someone when the person had not asked for the product. It is like....you have to buy it...no matter you like it or not!

You should ask them for a refund. This happened me once on another host but it was an error through paypal and they di give me a refund. You should ask Globat.com to refund you or should tell paypal(if yuor using them)if they do not respond to your refund request

I contacted them and they have qucikly refunded the money. Said it would take 48-72 hours. Overall they do have very good customer service, but this was the first time they've done anything like that. I only hope no one else was caught out by this.

I contacted them and they have qucikly refunded the money. Said it would take 48-72 hours. Overall they do have very good customer service, but this was the first time they've done anything like that. I only hope no one else was caught out by this.

Another reason to go to Xisto - Web Hosting :) I have heard of that web host a few times before. I never really checked it out but atleast they refunded your account. Did they ever say why they charged it to your account?

if they don't refund the money you can always goto the credit card company and request a charge back.. that way you get your money back and the credit card company is responsible for getting hte money back from the company. that's why it is always good to use credit card for payment. they protect you against this sort of stuff.