xisto Community
Tailson

Eragon Anyone else read it?

I've just finished reading Eragon and now I'm moving on to read Eldest, and I gotta say, what a great book! It's a fantasy novel by Christopher Paolini about a young boy about 15 years old who finds a blue stone. It turns out to be a dragon inside and he and his dragon, Saphira, travel the world seeking revenge for the death of his family. The story unfolds as he forms alliances and enemies and travels to exotic locations. I'll not say anything else in case someone is only a little way into the book because I don't want to spoil anything.So, has anyone read these two books and what is your opinion?

I absolutely loved those two books. After reading them, it made me anxious to read the next one coming in the trilogy and at the end of the last one, some shocking stuff came up. but I won't reveal that as you're not that far in the book yet. I really liked the authors other books as well, I can't remember them off the top of my head but it is a great series before the Eragon ones. It's not a precedent, but you get my point. I recommend everyone who loves to read fantasy and fiction stuff to read this series and stay into it. it's a great read and a good starter book if your just a being novelist-reader.

Edited by Sinari (see edit history)

I read the two books, and they have to be on my top 5 list. Id tell you about the red dragon on the front, but thats..a spoiler. Ill tell you its shocking though... kinda surprised me, but I wouldnt say completely.

Oh yeah! There's a movie coming out for Eragon...you can read about it in the following link http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0449010/

I cant wait to see it. I mean, they probably totally killed the whole story, but I still want to see it.

I've read both, they're good books. Can you believe Paolini was 17 when he started Eragon? I'm waiting for the third book as well.. can't wait until it's finished. You'll enjoy Eldest, it carries well throughout.If you like these, I'd suggest reading the Amber Chronicals as well, it's a ten book fantasy series. Great read.

omg i loved it...... we were required to read it in class and at first i was dreading it.... but i got into it and it was really good .... now me and my friend are reading eldest..... The movie come out is the U.S on December 15 i cant wait... to go see it.... me and a couple of my friends are going to practically campout to see it.... definatly cant wait....

I've heard of these books before and a few people I know really well online say they are great and are a must read. I'd be interested in reading Eragon but I've looked for it but can't find any around where I live, hopefully I can though...sounds like a great book.

Eragon was OK, not the most amazing book I have read, but it seemed OK for a light read. Eldest on the other hand wasn't as good. Eragon's brothers plot-line (I have forgotten his name :) ) was the better bit in my opinion.