xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
orlydonx

Help To Setup Webserver With Prolink H9000 And Netgear Wgr614v5 WEBSERVER HELP

hiim having a problem setting up my webserver.my network setup is like this:ProlinkH9000 ADSL/modem/routher 1PORT connected to Netgear WGR614v5 then to CNET 8port hub to my computer.i have an apache webserver 2.0 already running.i have also already have a DNS Service through http://dyn.com/dns/: it forward "mcxmotor.selfip.biz" to my WAN IP address.But when you type mcxmotor.selfip.biz to the IE, it only forwards to 10.0.0.2 and prompts for "USERNAME / PASSWORD" which is the access to my Prolink modem/router configuration interface.I also have tried the virtual server configuration of the Prolink modem/routher the typing the followingID:1Public port start: 80Public port end: 80Private port: 80HOST ip: 10.0.0.1"10.0.0.1" corresponds to my netgear router.i also have set up the netgear router's port forwarding to PORt: HTTPHost IP: 192.168.1.8"192.168.1.8" corresponds to my computer IP address assigned by the netgear routerPlease help me out to straight the HTTP access to my computer / server.Thank you very much

Hello,

Here is some guides I found at PortForward.com. I noticed you said your modem/router was a H-9000. Well the closest one I found that was an "H" modem was the H9200 so here is the guides PortForward has listed for that particular modem. If the "H" stands for Hurricane (or if the 9200 instuctions don't work) then have a look at the guides for the "Hurricane-9000" modem. You can find those guides here.

Let us know if these work or not :)

I don't understand why you are using a double NAT (1 from the Prolink and 1 from the Netgear) ?With a double NAT you can have problems with the 2nd router because 10.x.x.x are know as a private IP range, and those IP adresses are normally not routed to the outside.Can't you setup the 2nd router as a WAP (i.s.o. a NAT router ? ).Then every computer should have an ip adress in the range 10.0.0.xxx The 2nd cause for your problem is that the configuration port for your 1st modem/router is setup at 80.Can you change it to an other port, otherwise you have setup your site at another public port, like 1000 or something.Then you can visit your site at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ or http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ adress]:1000

Thank you for your replies

Help To Setup Webserver With Prolink H9000 And Netgear Wgr614v5

Thank you all, its now working, I just unnoticed it but other users from outside of our network already view my webserver. Thanks for your advices

-reply by orlydonx