xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ZPGames

Frontpage Tables

I know your thinking, what a stupid thing to be ranting about but let me explain. I have been working on version 3 of my website for 3 months now and I am getting to the spliced images part. I have to use tables now to align the images. I have spliced all the images and put them all in there spot in the table but no matter what I do they will not line up. I have spacing and padding set to zero, all of the spanning right but it just will not work. It makes me want to scream and punch my computer screen in which wouldn't make it much better because I'd have to buy a new 700 LCD and my hand would be covered in blood and glass. Ahhhhhh! :)

I've never had such a problem, but then again I really don't bother with such a thing and manage/create pages for sites I maintain using Notepad, since it gives me alot more freedom to edit the HTML directly. Try typing it out manually and editting the page. I've never had such a problem, so it might just work for you.

Lol I had this problem a while back. Slicing images can be very annoying but Ive never liked frontpage as it is quite hard to use. I you can get it, go for dreamweaver or look for a free alternative like nvu. But tables arent the best for this. Im getting an idea that your template is one big image and our just slicing this up and putting it into tables. Tables can be quite anusance. A good way is to slice it in imageready if you have photoshop and export it as html. Otherwise another way is to learn css which would help but it is harder than html and you dont want to use frontpage for it!!!

I just barely got Photoshop, I know I'm a little behind the times, but I'm pretty good ( I hope) at doing images but I have never exported HTML, how would I go about doing that, and to think, I'm the geek at school, I should be ashamed :P . And I'm getting Studio 8 or whatever it's called really soon, I'm overly excited. Thanks for the help. :)

Edited by ZPGames (see edit history)

If you do want help with studio 8 or photoshop feel free to pm and ill be happy help out :P

Thanks for the offer, I bet transfering over to Dreamweaver should be pretty easy. I've been taking some FLash Tutorials so I'm getting the basics of that, but Fireworks, Contribute and Flash Paper are going to be the difficult part, I'm terrified really. I don't take failure that easy :). Thanks again, I'll probably be in contact.

Try editing your page in Notepad or AceHTML Freeware. It will allow more freedom to edit the HTML code directly therefore allowing more customization of the table.

Your cells should have no margin, border or padding. Use the cellpadding and cellspacing attributes in table to set that value. Also use CSS to set the <td> tag to:

td {border:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px}

I think that would help.

sounds frustrating. don't you just LOVE tables? well, I've never felt the need to splice an image for a website, so... I've never had to deal with this... Well, good luck...

well its not that hard i use frontapge for areas of my website when it wont work in dreamwever and vise verser you can do a lot of thins in frontpage and ive never had that problem before but the best thing for you is to know html fluently then if its not right in fp gui you can go into the code and tweek it.

Edited by mxweb (see edit history)