xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Self Hygiene

lol, i just got back from a vacation three weeks long so you will see a few posts in the vent..ok, well as i said above, i have been on a vacation for the past 3 weeks.... two and three fourths (2 3/4 ) of the trip was spent with a kid.. 10 years old... lol he took a shower eevry other day... and every time he did, i timed him...because when he took his first shower i said man could that have been any shorter! and he said no... ohh but he could take a shorter shower... i timed him every time!!i wont tell you all of the times, but lets just say the second shower he took was less than two minutes....my jaw droped... i said to my grandma there aint no way in hell that this boy can thoroughly wash all of his body and wash off all of the junk from two days of playing in sand and on rocks... not to mention wash the hair he has...*sigh* when he gets into high school and Jr. High school he is going to be nagged on because he stinks... no one could bar to sit next to him when ever we went somewhere..... so we folded up the back row of seats and gave them all to him... lol ok im done

lol that is funny but he's is too short and mine is too long-or at least that is what everyone tells me. My avarage shower takes about 50 min -1hour and a half. The reason for that is showers are soo fun i never get sick of just laying there in the hot water. Also i am a very clean person and care alot about my appearence and it is very important t me that i stay clean.

The thing about kids that age though- they all stink. I'm not saying that in an anti-kid way :P I mean, I've worked with kids and between age 10 and about the time they start high school, there's just this weird aroma about them. A lot of it could have to do with slacking on the hygiene at that time. But, everyone else at school is going to smell bad too, whether they realize it or not. :)

all child have a time in which they hate to take bath,maybe that one is on it now. i guess it will pass and i think that when he starts going to school and start to have interest on girls and that kinds of things he will for sure be more careful with his higene. it's funny because i have a cousin who has 9 years and he is starting to do it also. i read somewhere that it is normal they don't like to shower but of course,they should and have to do it.

I've never heard of this problem before to be honest. Usually people are commended for taking short showers and saving water! Anyway, I believe you can clean yourself in under two minutes if you're rather efficient. From the two minutes he does spend, I reckon he'd be able to at least rid himself of most of any smell he may have... it'd be more difficult dirt which may still remain. Smells can always be masked with deoderant if it needs be. Buy him a can for Christmas and his Birthday perhaps? Heh, kinda funny to imagine him getting the whole row to himself... maybe take him to the movies :)

i for one was never smelly... lol jkits something that all boys go through right around that age, either you stink when your that age and you get over it, or you stink when your in highschool, and you dont. just be thankful that its now, and not when he gets older because if you stink when you get older, the smell never seems to go away... trust me there were many kids in my highschool that just... smelled :-\

yeah kids wil be kids, you can't really expect them to be clean, at that age i know i hated having showers, all i wanted to do was play. just be happy you don't smell. as for conret having showers that long is a waste of water, some places don't have enough to go around.

Well I have to take a shower ever other day because if I take one every day my skin drys out way too much and my skin starts to crack. Even with putting lotion on after taking a shower and using a moisturizing body wash my skin will crack if I take a shower every day. I don't smell at all, but I don't normally take a shower that last less then 15 minutes. The shortest time I've every spent in the shower was 10 minutes.

yeah, i do suppose it is just somthing that kids go through, unfortunatly... but oh well i dont have to put up with him till umm spring time i think <_< maybe then i will save up enough money to buy him a ton of deoderant >_<

I spend alot of time in the shower, I like to know that I am clean. But I have long surfer hair so its kinda hard to keep it clean, I have to wash it like 2-3 times before knowing that its silky smooth.

I actually know how that is.... My brother enjoys keeping his hair longer and yet he washes it every other day and only for about three minutes. He showers every day at least and yet he only actualyl washes every other. During the school year it's only about once a week that the water even touches him. I think it just may be faze as he's just about to turn 12 even. He wears more makeup than I do and yet he showers WAY less. Sorry you had to be stuck with him for a whole long time.... I still know how that feels... I went across country with mine....

He wears more makeup than I do and yet he showers WAY less

Your brother wears make up!?

Getting back on subject..

The boy was on holiday so mayby thats why he didnt wash as much as he should have. Or he could generally be a dirty person...

...i said to my grandma there aint no way in hell

Aint is not a damn word. Im sorry but i seriously lose respect for people who use it, its so very annoying. It should be atleast "There is no way..."

Back to the original topic:

You say you were on vacation, so where were you all taking a shower in? Maybe he didnt feel comfortable taking a shower in the place/places you all took showers in. I know personally i prefer to shower in my own shower, and will normally avoid taking showers at other peoples house, or especially hotels or camps.

Plus he is 10, and i think 10 years old is about the average time for kids to not want to take a shower. Because probably around 6-8 is when kids start to take baths/showers on their own without the help of their parents. So then by 10, its like hey...i dont have to take a long shower, or i can just stand in there, and pretend to take a shower... but the timing/pretending time isnt all that accurate.

Its about Maturity too, so i don't know. If he was like 14...i think there'd be a problem but kids [like under 11] are lazy and don't really know better i guess.

well i guess i forgot to mention,

the last week of this vacation we stayed at his house (my uncles house) where this kid lives, and he took showers there just as long as he did at the motels we stayed at

(we stayed at best western motels)

i asked my uncle if he always takes such short showers and he said yes... lol so, oh well

JasperIK, maybe you should post a vent about people who use aint, because, yes, it is a word look in any up-to-date dictionary, it is in there

Online Version:

1. Contraction of am not.

2. Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

Dictionary Version

Easrly assimiliation, with the lengthened and raised vowel, of amn't, contr. of am not; later confused wit a'nt (are not), i'nt (is not), ha'nt (has or have not). 1 informal am not 2 a) is not or are not <_< has not or have not; a dialectal or nonstandard usage. Although aint is informally used informally by educated speakers, many people still forwn on its contexts Ain't once was standard for am not, and a small number of educated speakers still prefer it to amn't or aren't in questions