xisto Community
frazmi

Php Application - Form Variables Not Being Passed Tech Support did something to fix this problem. Very quick.

I'm trying to install an application, and it's not working. The programmer says that form variables are not being passed between forms. This is a login application, so it has input like:

username: admin

password: password

The test (debug) program should return...

LOGIN: Login USERNAME: admin PASSWORD: password

That will mean that variable are passed between forms.

Since right now it is not happening all you get is this:

LOGIN: USERNAME: PASSWORD:

Has anybody else seen this? According to my programmer, this is a Server Admin (maybe configuration) problem that should (can) be fixed.

EDIT UPDATE

After posting this, I contacted Xisto - Web Hosting support via Live Chat. I must admit I had my doubts (am I really talking to a person or some AI program? and if a person, can he/she spell PHP?) but my doubts have been laid to rest. The tech took about 2 minutes to fix the problem (no doubt a configuration issue), and the script is working. ( :) Thanks, tech support.

Edited by frazmi (see edit history)

I'm trying to install an application, and it's not working. The programmer says that form variables are not being passed between forms. This is a login application, so it has input like:

username: admin

password: password

The test (debug) program should return...

LOGIN: Login USERNAME: admin PASSWORD: password

That will mean that variable are passed between forms.

Since right now it is not happening all you get is this:

LOGIN: USERNAME: PASSWORD:

Has anybody else seen this? According to my programmer, this is a Server Admin (maybe configuration) problem that should (can) be fixed.

EDIT UPDATE

After posting this, I contacted Xisto - Web Hosting support via Live Chat. I must admit I had my doubts (am I really talking to a person or some AI program? and if a person, can he/she spell PHP?) but my doubts have been laid to rest. The tech took about 2 minutes to fix the problem (no doubt a configuration issue), and the script is working. ( :) Thanks, tech support.

Yeah, the tech support on the Xisto network is great. Tey have always been extremely helpful.