xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
LeAnn Rimes My Angel

The Simpsons: Arcade Game.

I'm not a really big fan of the other Simpsons games but this one was my all time favourite Simpsons game because it's just like playing the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. And you could play up to 4 players. No one ever had to feel left out. Someone wanted to come in? Go right on ahead choose your character and fight a huge gang of bad guys but at least sometimes you weren't alone. I love all the boss battles each and every single time you hit a boss character (Except the bosses outside Moe's Tavern and Smithers and Mr. Burns and the giant bowling ball boss). All flashed after you do a certain amount of damage to them it truly is and was the best arcade game out there. And I had a look in here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And according to the host in this website people can supposedly download the game and save it to their cds and whatever they have to be able to play games like this go to the very bottom in here and read the hosts instructions in here. See if it works and if it does then you will never ever have to go to the arcades again to play this old. Game if it works let me know I'm dying to know if his instructions work or not. :)

The Simpson's arcade game is definitely a classic. I'm still amazed that I've seen two of them recently, once at an arcade and another at a pizza join not too far away. I agree that it was one of the best all time multiplayer arcade games out there which makes me wonder how a tv licensed arcade game ever came to be so good as many of us know, those rarely ever workout well. I didn't try the link to the game but I think it would ruin it to play it on the computer, most arcade games lose their apeal when they aren't played in well... arcade cabinets. It's cool that there are still some arcade enthusiasts out there though.

It's okay if you choose not to download it. But in the link the host has put some real geniune pictures of the arcade game itself (I don't know how he did it) but you can see lot's of pictures of all the levels right up to the last boss battle with Smithers and Mr. Burns. Personally I like going in there just to look at the pictures and hope someday I get to play this fun old game again. And I would imagine people like playing games like this and only a small handful of them are still around are because the game play is alot of fun no real story other than the fact that Maggie is kidnapped by Smithers. And in a way it's like playing the tv Series. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were just as big back then and when a tv show is as hot as the turtles and the Simpsons are. You like the series you play a game based on the tv series. You then got one hot combination of the best stuff they got. <_<

It really was a fun game, they dont make those type of games anymore. Or atleast none that are as fun as the 4 player arcade games of the teenage mutant ninja turtles, xmen and of course, the simpsons. The last teenage mutant ninja turtle game I played was one on the xbox, It was 2 players max I think, it had ok cel shading graphics, but it wasnt nearly as fun as I remember playing the arcade. Those machines ate a lot of my quarters.

COOL,thanx for the info,im 4 sure gona have a look at this in a moment. I liked simpsons road rage though,was so far the best simpsons game i have played,simpsons skateboarding was awfull,im gona see if this arcade game does any better thanx alot though,gona check it out now

There's instructions on how to download this great old game plus others. I posted it in another forum similar to this one. Here's the instructions on how to play this old game if you people haven't yet figured it out yet. It's really simple if you people have to restrictions on your computers then you'll be able to download this game and others in no time at all. :D

Link the the instructions on how to download the Simpsons Arcade game plus others....

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Just go in here and read the instructions and have fun playing The Simpsons: Arcade Game. :D

A really great game. I would love to play it again. I don't really like the new simpsons game they have with the taxi driving. But i like the adventure ones like these. I also really liked the one on super nintendo called Barts Nighmare or something like that it was an awesome game. All the old simspons games are really amazing. I wish they would bring out something like that on ps2 or something.