xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Bkag

Help With Recovery Of A Specific File i have the file in xml

Ok i recieved an error on word saying

The Microsoft Office open XML file ***********.doc can not be opened because there are problems with its contents

I got a reply from someone on a microsoft forum saying i should open it in win zip. I have done that and i can open the xml files but it is still in xml coding, is there any way i can open the xml so it is viewed insted of seeing the code. When i try and open it in internet explorer i get this error:

The XML page cannot be displayed Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Ben Kagan/Desktop/pa...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

Go get Nvu. It's a free web page editor. Then you will be able to see the page in it's design layout as well as the coding behind it. You might even be able to repair the xml coding. I believe there are free xml repair apps out there. You might have to do a search for them.

I tryed validating it and got an error saying that this line is wrong: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> What is wrong with that line?

Well what might be wrong could be a few things.There is 3 declarations in that statement1) that you are using at least xml version1.02) that the encoding is UTF-83) and that it is a standaloneThe xml thing is pretty simple, just make sure that whatever browser you are using to view the document supports XML version1The encoding, that is pretty much standard, well at least the utf-8 isAnd the Standalone? Well that is basically saying that this app will be able to run outside of a page, on it's ownSo do some searches on Goggle for these things. I do not know what the entire things says, so I can only speculate