xisto Community
h1dd3n

Writely Invites

drive.google.com/

Writely is the new service being offer by Google. This service will help you to make documents online, create a user groups and share the documents with them.

You can have word format.

You can blog it to your blog.

Currently this is in Beta phase (Google Standard) ... but you can have your invitation from here

http://pnut.kicks-**bottom**.org/gsheet/

replace the **bottom** with [a s s] -- no space no squar brackers

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

Ya know, I would really love to see a service that allows it's users to open files via the web, edit them and put them back. Kind of like a file service, but you are able to map to it, and get all of your files where ever they may be. SO much easier than trying to sync with the computer at home or a laptop.

That sounds pretty cool. I would like to try it. That way I can keep my documents in one place as well so I can edit them on my laptop and when I get home work on it on my computer. I'll have to try it to see just how good it is. Thanks for the invite. I'll hopefully get to try it out.

Nice invites, thank there... I've been looking for this for quite sometime, and looks like I finally found it!! Now I can test out this program for the future Web 2.0...

Sadly we aren't able to use Writely at the moment because they are moving it to Google servers or something like that. Hopefully it will be back and running soon because I am really anxious to use it. School starts next Tuesday and that is when I'm going to need it when I bring my laptop at school and use my desktop at home. I read some more information about it and it sounds like it'll be perfect for me.

As long as Google keeps providing services for free and they keep AdSense running (which, like all google services is free) for the average joe to use on their site and make a decent amount of money for a small amount of effort I don't see google going down the drain.They won't be the next Micro$oft but they will probably be up there eventually if they keep up the fabulous services they are offering (and keep offering them for free).

Cheers for the heads up, I got my invite a few days ago and I must say this is an exceptional service, even in its beta stage and I hope that when it is finally made public Google can cope with the demand (as they have failed to do in the past, Spreadsheets anyone). I must say though I am a bit confused as to where this fits in to Googles core search stategy (does anything they do lately fit into the 'index the worlds information and make it universally accessibly' mission statement, ok so I guess accessible search does), however I am sure it will dominate the online word processor market (even if Google don't make money from it) it still remains to be seen though how many will shy away from Microsoft Office and go towards the emerging Google Office (as I'm sure that is where this is going). I know that personally I am sold already and in the future if I can use writely I will, of all the features I have seen yet I expect my favourite will be the ability to email documents to writely so I can access them there. Given that writely is still younge and that Google haven't fully opened it yet I will say that this is simple great, even if you do not intend to use the service cesure an invite anyway, just to test it out, you never know it might win you over too.

I'm not sure whether Google actually <i>wants</i> to become the next Microsoft, they have a different 'philosophy'. Anyway, Google's existence makes me happy <_< I'm not yet sure how I'm going to use this Writely invitation, but I'm always curious to what Google has to offer so I'm going to try this out. Thank you :P