xisto Community
wappy

Wappychat_oldskool old version of my wap chat script :-)

here is a very old version of my wap chat script, its not very advanced but has privates, smileys etc. I will post some further versions (with owner, admin, mod status and profiles) when i have time to write the readme/install instructions for them.You will find instructions inside the zip. If you have any problems post here but i know it don't work on all servers for some reason but it does work on the trap server so will be cool ok :)

I would advise everyone who wants a chat room to use this script. I, myself coming from an old school chat site knows whats its like chatting in one of these. It kind of takes you back to the day when not everyone was chatting. I loved those days and I wish they came back :)

was great all i can think of is that -stupid- banana smiley i used to use all the time and the -tea- one. I should really be doing more work on the chats again :-)

can you explain to me what is flash chat? And is your chat for wap/mobiles like this script? Chat without refresh.. Mmm interesting. I only really build wap scripts :-)

hehe, no its not wap, its for regular browsers on computers...I shouldn't have posted in this thread, but if any of you want it anyway, PM me. Its made in flash, from scratch, and it's easy to modify to fit any color scheme.It loads variables from a second page every 4 seconds, but you do not see it refreshing, but some browsers may constantly have the words "connecting to (domain name)" in the status bar...I don't know much about wap, but i doubt that flash works on it, but on your download, my flash chat can connect to and update the text file you have to store the messages in, this way if you have a website, you could have a place for mobile, and a place for computers, and they would see each other's messages...

wow an joined wap/web chat thats v interesting!When i release my latest chat (which is MUCH more advanced than this script) maybe you could help me do this? And no i don't think flash chat will work on wap or i would have seen it already :-)

I recently installed MXIT on my cell phone and it gets so boring after a while! Who wants to talk one on one with someone forever?! And the sad thing is that most of the people that log into MXIT have never been in a proper oldskool chatroom :P Lets revive OLDSKOOL! <_<

i have never been able to get mxit to work, stupid thing. Is it only for certain countrys? Yeah it sounds boring anyway an i think i will stick to chatting on community sites with more features and games etc :-)

why does it suck though? And why won't this app work for me? Someone please explain to me how to get this app working on my nokia 6630. And tell me where i can get the official copy from. Thanks

Wappy, Im not in the UK so try mxit.co.uk or mxit.co.uk/wap from ur mobile. It's true mxit does suck but mig33 doesn't work on my phone here. Open chat rooms are way better than one on one chatting <_<

Category: PHP/Scripts and Programs/WAP and WML (ID #593)

Listing Title: MobileChat

Summary: WAP Chat Script by Ghost and DEViANCE

Long Description: A PHP/WML WAP Chat Script/Site with many advanced features including owner/admin/mod tools, profiles, private messages, smileys. Copyright lines must NOT be removed, but use is fine.

License Information:

License Type: Other Free / Open Source License

Additional Info: You must not remove copyright but distribution is fine. http://www.copyrightdeposit.com/rep10/0029675.htm

Price: $ 0.00

Platform: linux

Size: 100 kb - 500kb

Version: 2.0.0

Site URL: http://wapchat.co/

Download URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Author: Ghost & DEViANCE

/**

* @authors Ghost & DEViANCE (CODEMAFiA.ORG)

* @copyright 2008-2009 Mobile Chat

* @version 2.0.0 (wml 1.1 EN)

*/

This is a PHP/WML WAP Chat Script with many

advanced features.

The script started life as a simple wap chat

that was abandonned by some french guys.

I then updated it and added many features.

I was then hacked and the script was shared.

I gave up coding for a while and as new php

versions etc came out the script stoped

working correctly.

Now its been updated to work on php5 and a

bit more added thanks to Ghost.

This is our work not yours, it was us who

spent hours writing it, pls respect that.

Copyright: http://www.copyrightdeposit.com/rep10/0029675.htm

Use: its ok to use this script but our copyright line must

NOT be removed.