xisto Community
garbage

Joomla & Mambo Great tools

Well since i have had Trap 17 hosting servie i hvae been trying to learn how to use and work with Mambo and Joomla. I have to say I finally have gotten the hang of it. Im learning how to manipulate it more and more, especially the skining of it.I definately have to recommend it to everyone out there if they are not using it. It is great, Its easy to use and once you read up on it its easy to change to your settings and personal likings. There are just a few things id like to still learn, so I have been on their forums reading and trying to learn new things..but if any one else in here is using Joomla or Mambo post your site links id like to see what you guys have created.

nice site there Paul..

But here is the link to mine, its still way under developement so i have lots to do.. on it, but the skin or template is the rhul template manipulated to my likings.. so im learning to do alot of it as im going but here is what i have so far.. keep in mind site is not yet active

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Long time ago, i install mamboo and then Jamola on my space and found it very very attractive and goodlooking. And skinning of these CMS are not so much difficult. But i found so much difficulties in submitting new Articles/News. I tried my best to overcome these problems but failed..........because i have to submit a text+Image article.

Than i shifted to PHP-Nuke and found working properly...........now i am user of PHP-Nuke

garbage Your site skin is attractive, but the Modules are misplaced.........it seems that you are using fixed border skin instead of Expandable skin.............am i right?

I'm using joomla cms since almost a year and i think it worths a try.I prefer Joomla over Mambo, even though it's basically the same.. If I remember right..most of the original devs of Mambo, moved else where and started up Joomla, I "think" that is the story behind that, not positive though..

hey, maybe you guys could help me... im really looking to use joomla! in my site (i just dont have time to hardcode it anymore) but i dont want to have a login and such, and frankly i dont know how to use it... anyways, if you could just point me in the right direction, id really appreciate it.Thanks!!PS. what i mean is, i have a forum already set up, and i dont want another place where my members would need to sign up, i dont really like the idea of having 2 different members areas, and the forum is all i need for now.

hey, maybe you guys could help me... im really looking to use joomla! in my site (i just dont have time to hardcode it anymore) but i dont want to have a login and such, and frankly i dont know how to use it... anyways, if you could just point me in the right direction, id really appreciate it. Thanks!! PS. what i mean is, i have a forum already set up, and i dont want another place where my members would need to sign up, i dont really like the idea of having 2 different members areas, and the forum is all i need for now.

There are forum intergration modules for Mambo/Joomla available on their respective project sites (Mamboxchange and Joomla Developer). They work with a resonably wide variety of forum systems, including SMF, phpBB, and others. Forum intergration with Mambo/Joomla is such a big business that SMF even made a whole category for the extention on their forums. As far as Mambo and I go, I use Mambo for two sites. On my personal/development site (http;//http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/),Mambo gives me the power to add lots of interactivity to create a powerful site. On my school site (http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/), it gives me the ability to create a professional looking site with out any programming knowledge (although knowing a bit of PHP, HTML and CSS is certainly helpful), and allows me to add features easily if need be. Mambo/Joomla has a bit of stuff to learn, but once you are off the ground, it's easy to work with. Quick hint: You can alter the layout of the Frontpage by going to Menus -> Main Menu, clicking the Home link, and editing the settings on the right side.