xisto Community
finaldesign

Hardware Conflict occured after servicepack2

Hi all,I have some old soundcard: AudioExcel Theatre, PCI,5+1... and after installing winxp sp2, every time when i reboot, I have to enter safe mode and disable that soundcard because it wont boot. Then when winxp boot's, I need to enable that soundcard manualy to get sound working... Soundcard drivers are ok, and everything seems to be ok with card. Before sp2 everything was ok... And I doubt that there are some newer drivers on internet... So anyone had some idea how to solve this conflict? :)

How old is this card, maybe its fighting wth something else. You could try removing other components (modem, network card....etc) and see if it will boot with the sound... but with out other component. You could also check the conflicks in device manager... that usually doent happen in xp though... so... Good luck

How old is this card, maybe its fighting wth something else.  You could try removing other components (modem, network card....etc) and see if it will boot with the sound... but with out other component.  You could also check the conflicks in device manager...  that usually doent happen in xp though... so...  Good luck

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not so old, maybe 1,5-2 years now... Everything (modem, network, and the other soundcard) is embeded on motherboard... So only soundcard and TV-card are on PCI slots. I have 3 slots: on first is TV card, second is empty, and on third is that troublemaker soundcard...

really out of options there... :)

Hi all,

I have some old soundcard: AudioExcel Theatre, PCI,5+1... and after installing winxp sp2, every time when i reboot, I have to enter safe mode and disable that soundcard because it wont boot. Then when winxp boot's, I need to enable that soundcard manualy to get sound working... Soundcard drivers are ok, and everything seems to be ok with card. Before sp2 everything was ok... And I doubt that there are some newer drivers on internet... So anyone had some idea how to solve this conflict?  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I your computer or sound drivers are ok before upgrading to SP2 I think there is a conflict with your driver and you need to download that. I will look for drivers myself then I'll will tell you that site as long as I found it. but the easy way to solve that problem is to change your soundcard, since it is an old version eh. for you convenience that's my suggestion but i will still look for the update driver for your soundcard...

It's not so old, maybe 1,5-2 years now... Everything (modem, network, and the other soundcard) is embeded on motherboard... So only soundcard and TV-card are on PCI slots. I have 3 slots: on first is TV card, second is empty, and on third is that troublemaker soundcard...

really out of options there... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if your modem is embeded on motherboard I think you need to change your OS since you said before SP2 it works fine right?

Well, if your modem is embeded on motherboard I think you need to change your OS since you said before SP2 it works fine right?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YOu know I have same problem before, some old computer hardwares are not coompatible with windows XP. soundcard, modem, lan card etc. you beter check for compatibility.