xisto Community
squeaky

Splinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series Opinions?

As a fan of both series, I wanted to get a take on your opinions. In my opinion, I favor Splinter Cell over Metal Gear. Although Metal Gear came out way before Splinter Cell, and may have undoubtedly influenced Splinter Cell in one way or another, SC's game mechanics appeals to me more. Some may argue Splinter Cell is a bit slow and boring, but that's what I like about the game. The thought of sneaking behind guards, utilizing sweet gadgets, pulling off impressive maneuvers, becoming the shadow itself, ultimately draws me in over Metal Gear. Don't get me wrong though, Metal Gear has its advantages over Splinter Cell.(i.e. Better environments which include numerously more alternate pathways, more interesting storyline, innovative boss fights, variety of weapons, and a little something new with the addition of every new title in the series). Splinter Cell seems to appeal to a specific crowd; you either love it or hate it, where Metal Gear leans more to both sides. As a stealth game, I prefer Splinter Cell, but as an action game, Metal Gear all the way. So in this case, I guess I like my action games a bit more stealthy and subtle.

I have never heard of the Metal Gear series. I like Splinter Cell a lot though. It's one of the few games where you have to be stealthy and patient. It's not like Halo where you just run around shooting people with heavy machine guns. In Splinter Cell, you have to work your way up and on some level you don't have guns. Splinter Cell is for the deep thinkers and more patient people. So even without knowing what Metal Gear is, I'm going to say that Splinter Cell wins, because I've only found one or two games that beat it.

i much prefer metal gear for one simple reason, it took me much much much longer to complete than the first splinter cell, i admit after wasting 40 pound on the x box copy of splinter cell and finishing it the same day i haven't tried any of the new ones. Think i got pandora tomorrow laying about for pc somewhere maybe i will install it oneday and try but im sure i will never be as happy with it as any of the metal gear series. Even the first ones on the nintendo entertainment system i still play on my phone via rom's an emulators (i do own the originals so am not breaking the law just can't put my NES in my pocket. Final word, metal gear all the way, solidsnake or sam fisher pmpl you know it :-)

Its splinter cell by FAR,its alot more complicated then MGS,alot more strategy needed and its also more realistic,my fav SC so far is pandora tommorow,donno why but its great lol!!!!

No way, i think that the MGS games have loads more to offer and have a super in depth storyline that is extremely complex and good, i think that MGS4 will be one of the best games ever and will feature so much stuff that it'll finish off the series nicely

I am also a fan of both series.I played all the old ones on the playstation one. They were both very great and fun to play. But they both have differed in game play. Splinter cell, to me, focused more on action stealth. Whereas Metal gear, also in my opinion, focus more on all stealth. I liked them both for different reasons. It just seemed that you got to shoot more and more action in Splinter cell, not as much in metal gear. But that might have changed in the most recent version of MG on the PS3.

Name:HOODAMANokay, this is what it really comes down to in the series of MGS VS. Splinter CellSplinter Cell is way more realistic, and it's a sneaking game. Your a guy, goes and gets information in places where he's not supposed to be, and then it becomes a story line, where the things that you have done in the mission result in news stories all around the united states. Where in metal gear solid, the guy, Solid Snake, is already IN a complex storyline, and you must aid Solid Snake throughout the levels, and must ensue long cutscenes that sometimes go up to 15 minutes, and then continue on with the story. MGS is way less realistic than Splinter Cell. In fact, you can just go around and shoot the enemies in the head. You can't even crouch in the game! There are also bosses with special powers that you need to defeat. MGS is more of a action game than a sneaking game, while Splinter Cell focuses solely on sneaking, and less on shooting, and running around. As a result, Splinter Cell has a much less complex storyline, and the longest running time of the the longest cut scene is about five minutes. Simply put, Splinter Cell is my choice, but I do play both games. But Splinter Cell is the game that sometimes I have great urges to play, while Metal Gear Solid is the type that you just choose to play.-HOODAMAN

will i do like Splinter Cell also but i have no luck with itthe first time i trayed it was require hi graphic cardthen and i was just bout my PCand i see it fill on ruining a gamei was shottedbut i made allot of upgrades to my PCand i trayed the last version but it told me that i must have 1GB of ram at listi hit my Head into the walland sowered the GOD that i will never try this game agin

sc vs mgs

Splinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series

Absolutly no question about it, splinter cell takes it. Sam fisher is badass and sc games are more realistic. Splinter cell d.A. Was one of the funnest games I have played.. Fisher kicks snakes *bottom* all the way to pluto!

-reply by jman18

Metal Gear Solid is SOOOOOO much better!

Why?

First of all, Metal Gear was THE game that invented stealth and brought the console gaming to a whole new level.

2: Splinter Cell is a BIG ripoff.

3: Metal Gear Solid has probably the best story ever brought on videogames (mostly you're like "bleh the story is just to make it nice") but here Metal Gear IS the story (Final Fantasy comes really close in matter of best stories :))

4: The easter eggs! How many times I didn't play the game again just to see those easter eggs (I hope you've at least TRIED to find them before saying MGS is crap)

5: The humor is really subtle and most enjoyable.

6: WAY longer gameplay than Splinterripoff

7: Splinter Cell is just plain boring after you played Metal Gear. (YES it did play splinter Cell)

Now go buy Metal Gear and throw away Splinter cell and SHAME ON YOU if you never heard of Metal Gear!

To all my fellow Metal Gear fans: keep on gaming :D

Oh btw, Solid Snake is the biggest badass in gaming history :)

In fact, you can just go around and shoot the enemies in the head. You can't even crouch in the game!

Did you even PLAY the game!? Or are you just really reta**ed, to crouch press "X" HOW DIFFICULT CAN IT BE, goddamn before you say Metal Gear sucks PLAY IT instead of just quoting other peoples cr*p .

I bet 95% of the people that say Splinter is better NEVER played Metal Gear, your opinion is worthless =_=

I'm sorry I'm rude but is pis*es me off when people just state false things and say a game sucks when they never played it...

Edited by Dragonpurse (see edit history)

i like the way metal gear solid series incorporate the story from the game. both are good games but they are different.one is a more one man army typeand one is more of a stealth. :) but 1 vote for metal gear solid. one of the few games that incorporated a story in the nes. :)

Well i will say that splinter cell is better than metal gear BUT only for PC users because metal gear was not made for the pc and if you want to play the 3rd and 4th part you will have to buy a console. If you have both PC and console then i prefer metal gear. Because it has got a great story and good gameplay and a perfect AI. But if you think metal gear as a stealth game, it sucks because people rather try to kill more guards instead of hiding and if you do that in splinter cell, you will most probably get killed or your mission will either become difficult or it will fail. So for pc users Splinter cell is great but for console, metal gear rules every other game.

God i dont know. I luv metal gear solid 4 like ALOT. Story line is way better but SC is more realistic. Not by grahics god no but by killing and stealth. Come on now no one can turn invisible(yet) but thats it. I have to go with MGS. Sorry SC

MGS or SC?

Splinter Cell Series Vs. Metal Gear Solid Series

SC VS MGS

Guys I have played both, and for a long time I used to think that Sc was better than MGS the reason for this was that MGS was far more difficult to play than SC, but now I think there is no other game that cane be compared to MGS. My friends and brothers who think that SC is better than MGS I would like them to just buy MGS and give it some time until they get used to playing it and then I want them to come back and post their answers here.

Reasons why MGS is better than SC.

1. MGS is far more realistic.

2. MGS has a more interesting storyline as compared to SC.

3. The cut scenes are cinematic and you don't feel like you are playing a game it feels like a movie.

4. More Gadgets and weapons to play with.

5. Humor is is great in MGS.

6. Far more harder than SC to play. This is for people who like challenges.

-reply by Khesraw

Now to Dragonpurse I think you need to relax dude, the guy you were talking about was talkin about crouching and moving at the same time, in Metal gear you cannot stay crouched you will end up crawling on your stomach. Now Metal Gear is a good game but I have to go with splinter cell, I have played both games but splinter cell takes the cake because its more realistic. Metal Gear Solid 3 is realistic but up to a cirtain point I found it cool that you could heal your wounds and dig out bullets but that was more of a jungle area, now in splinter cell its more of a tactical thinking area you infeltrate and area pick locks interogate people(I kno interrogation can be done in MGS also) hack into computers, keypads, and retinal scanners. It deals with operation more on the inside MGS deals with out side areas, and you get more Hi-tech Gadgets instead of Metal Gear, Metal gear has a bigger variety of weapons but in splinter cell you get special goggles that can have Night Vision, Thermal Vision and EMF(Electro Magnetic Feilds) all in one you also get and OCP that comes with your FN 5-7 Pistol which they call the SC Pistol the OCP can jam cameras and lights for a short while and you get a Hi-tech Gun with attachmetns(in Double agent its more attachments).

-reply by Spike