xisto Community
eDeals.ws

Watch Your Dvds On Your Ipod, Psp, Or Even Your Mobile Phone!

You can watch a DVD on an iPod Video, PSP, or even your mobile phone! If you use a PSP you need to place the video on your memory stick (or Hard Drive if your lucky enough to have one).

To place the videos on your iPod simply import them into iTunes or use an alternative software such as Anapod Explorer.

This tutorial uses CloneDVD Mobile, although you can also use Nero Digital to convert DVDs to MP4.

First, you need to decrypt the DVD. I recommend AnyDVD (https://www.redfox.bz/en/) for this.

It has a fully functional 21-day trial that will suit perfectly for this tutorial. If you use AnyDVD it automatically decrypts the DVD so not even your OS knows the DVD is encrypted.

Next, start CloneDVD Mobile:

There should be a screen like this:

Posted Image

Select the appropriate device and click "Next".

Posted Image

At this screen, click the button on the upper right hand side of the program (the one that has two arrows pointing at each other) and select the "Video_TS" folder from the DVD. (i.e. E:\VIDEO_TS\)

If you copied the files to your hard drive, select that folder instead. (i.e. C:\THE_BEST_MOVIE_EVER\VIDEO_TS\)

Once you select your DVD, CloneDVD Mobile may switch to the "Preview" tab and start previewing the pre-selected title, which is most often the main movie.

If the preview is not the main movie, the click on the main movie (usually the longest one) using the right side of the screen.

Posted Image

If you want to only convert a specific chapter of the movie, then click the cut icon (it looks like small scissors) on the left side. This will make chapter marks appear,

as well as a bar with marks on the side, slide the left mark to where you want the cut to start and the right mark where you want the cut to end.

Posted Image

Now it is time to select what audio tracks you want converted. If multiple tracks are present, CloneDVD Mobile will organize them by language.

Also please note that using a 5.1-channel track (especially if you plan on using headphones) is a big waste of valuable space that could be use to improve the quailty of your video.

Posted Image

Once you have selected your audio track click "Next". This will take you to the output method window.

Posted Image

This will let you check over your setting to make sure everything is how you want it.

You will also notice a slider that is in the middle of the right side. This is the quailty bar and varies from 13 to 33. The default is 23.

Below the quailty bar it will ask for your PSP root drive. In My Computer it should be "Removeable Disk" or similar. Select the drive and click "OK".

If you wish you can place the files anywhere on your PCs Hard Drive and transfer the files later. Enter the filename to write will automatically be filled in so your PSP can see the movie under "Videos".

Pay good attention to how the file is named, because if the file is randomly named it won't show up under Video. The last option is Label.

This is where you should put the name of the video material you are converting (like the name of a TV Episode or whatever).

Click "GO!" and your video will start converting. Keep the Log tab open on this screen in case something goes wrong.

If you want your computer to shut down when its finished converting the video simply check the box next to the option "Automatically shut down the computer when done".

Posted Image

If this tutorial isn't clear enough, please send me a message or reply here. I will gladly try to help as much as I can.

I do not like the sound of this, even if anywhere it says its legal, its just like pirating the disc, no you havent already paid for the movie because you paid to watch it on your dvd player, if you want to watch on ipod or psp whateva, you need to pay for the rights to watch it on that!

This tutorial is so users can watch the movies they own on their iPod or PSP. Nothing fishy about that. It basically turns your PSP or iPod into a portable DVD player. I personally used this guide when I saw it was posted. I put a DVD of a magician on it so I could watch it when I don't have access to a DVD player or TV. :PEDIT (by nations): corrected spelling errors :)

Edited by nations (see edit history)

thats were ur rong, you pay for the dvd, you are haking encryption ( they don put there 4 nothing ) its just like a ps2 game, to play it on xbox u needa c buy another disc. ur not changing ur psp nto a dvd player, ur haking the data, its not legal

thats were ur rong, you pay for the dvd, you are haking encryption ( they don put there 4 nothing ) its just like a ps2 game, to play it on xbox u needa c buy another disc. ur not changing ur psp nto a dvd player, ur haking the data, its not legal

The legality depends on where you live. Its legal almost everywhere and is a "Fair Use" right.

Plus, with thousands of applications out there I am sure eDeals.ws just put that bit about AnyDVD because its probably the one he uses.
Edited by nations (see edit history)

lol. .how cares.. as long as you're not distrubing the movies to everyone. .then it's fine. .The protection is there so you can't make illegal copies and sell them. .by the way... ripping dvds is too much time consuming. .lol.. And beside. .would you really want to watch a movie on a small phone screen--staring at it for 2 hours. I don't think mobile phone are really meant for that yet. Lol.. also, by doing so on your mobile phone, it would kill the screen faster. My phone's screen now is so dark comparing to when i first got it. .lol. THat's because the phone died and turned on a white screen for a few hours straight. .lol.. I guess some of the backlights were burned..lol.. I'm sure reencoding the dvd would probably take 1-2 hours each... why don't you just watch the freaken movie instead... you get better quality with the dvd anyway...

I've got an Video iPod and I know how to encode the videos fpr watching on the iPod. But it's not fun to watch a whole movie on this little thing, the display ist to small and the battery will maybe last for one and a half hour if you are lucky... But little video clips are okay :)

But I'm sure many people would be doing it for movies etc!

Well you cant prevent that from happening, but virtually any product can be used to do things it was not ment to do in the first place, lots of humans like to abuse, it's part of our nature I guess.

No our nature doesnt include psps etc..... thats un-natural.But anyways I agree, why watch movies on such a tiny screen..... its terrible, and I personally would not do it even if I was not against the whole You buy it for X not buy it for A.I guess thats why the UMD movies are falling down a bottomless pit..... they cant stop falling.

Nice tutorial! I'm going to try using this tutorial to watch movies on my Plam.Also, I belive that doing this is 100% legal. I'm not a lawyer, or completely sure, so don't trust me completely on this. Before I try this tutorial I will look up all appicable laws (as should you).

It doesn't sound illegal to me, assuming you already bought the DVD, you should be able to change it into whatever format you want, I mean you did spend your money on it and as long as you aren't sharing it it doesn't sound illegal. I'm going to try this for my phone.

A friend of mine used this tutorial and got parts of Red vs Blue (specific extras) on his phone. I know he had a MicroSD card on his phone that he played the videos off of. Yes, it does take up space on your phone (or with specific phone models you can use an SD card instead.) I am sure it doesn't take up a ton of space when shunken down to fit on your phones' screen.