xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lemonwonder

Sony Psp New Firmware Update!- Plus Download Here Thats right firmware 2.8 is ere

Ok i am sitting on my computer with my psp downloading firmware 2.8 from network update.
I am hearing that there is going to be video feeds for rss, and photo.

Also, you will no longer need to save your videos as MS343 or whateva it was, any name you want now!

More music and photo types are accepted. And viewable on the psp!

The psp web browser is also 1.2364 times faster (thats what the guy on sony faq, told me)

It is not the biggest updater but the enhanced web browser possibly can read a broader range of codec so that will also be excittting for psp portal lovers.

How many people here actualy own a psp and care about it with your heart and soul? Lol what does everyone think of the update?

This is what the psp says its features are:

-You can now download video and image content under RSS Channel.

-You can now register devices via a wireless Lan (WLAN) access point under [Location Free Player.]

-You can now play music AAC files with the extension .3gp under [Music].

-You can now play content saved in music, picture and video folders on a memory stick,

DOWNLOAD HERE

First of all, you must have a full battery to install, atleast 20mb of space on mem stick, and you must unzip inside your game folder.

To do thgis press extract in winzip, and put it in E:(E for psp drive) E:/psp/game/ and you must extract to there, then go to games folder and go to saved items (not game saves) but the very bottom folder and install.

Here is the link: (If a link doesnt work try the 1 underneath it)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by lemonwonder (see edit history)

I have a psp, the firmware updates allways are exciting because i use the psp's firmware as much if not more than games. But i need this wifi working to get it :) it sounds good though. I like the idea of not having M4V387397.mp4 for my video files.

No you dont, click one of the links above and save it into your psp's memory stick so that the structure of the folde ris like this:DRIVE:/psp/game/update/eboot.pbp Then after you have done that, go to game on your psp interface (no longer pluged into computer with usb plug) and go to game and go down to the very last file, click, find the update and whalabam!

Yea, I got to know of it and instantly upgrade my psp... But the upgrade wouldnt really help me out in any way, cause lots of the features of psp such as location free player wouldnt work in my country and I dont know how to configure it to my schools connection...

The location free box isnt sold or available in Singapore, I doubt it even works around here lol... I hope someday I'll get to experience how cool this feature works... I'm sure it's surely fun!! :)

I would like a location free box but they are soooo expensive so i wont be getting one until there is a massive price drop ?100 or so which (last time i checked) is about a third of the retail price.

Well, here is a little info that may help you.Basically you have a Wi-Fi router or little gadget that you connect to the internet with a cable or more.Then that gadget/router sends out signals that the psp can detect and send back (a bit like it sending out ropes, when it gets a pull on one of the ropes it pays attention) once the gadget/router recieves the signal back it connects to the device which is requesting internet/other wi-fi stuff.Then once the gadget is connected the psp is ready to go, you type into the internet browser, the link of where you want to go (do this with the psp's on screen phone keyboard) and then the psp sends a message along to the gadget which is supplying the wireless internet, this signal says what information the device is to fetch, then after that, the router wirelessly send it through to the psp/other device, the psp collects all the data, temporarily stores on the system (ram: a small memory place where the files which are being used by the system of a computer of any sort inc.psp, this is so it can quickly load up and find all the files) anyways, it temporarily stores it on the system, and then it appears on the screen.So basically wi-fi is just turning the signals that come through your wire into a analog/wi-fi signal, the psp is made to pick up these and read them.I hopoe you understand a bit better now, try buying a router or a little gadget which converts into wi-fi, try at your local electronics store.

This was for me a pretty solid update, there a few issues though, mainly that: Video RSS is not streamed, the videos are saved onto the memory stick before they are watchable, a and that pre-converted PSP spacific videos will not work with the new DRIVE:\VIDEO\ file convension, they still have to rest within the DRIVE:\MP_Root folder and follow the MAQ1000\MAQ1***.MP4 convension (for AVC videos, or MA41****\MA41***.MP4), or something like that, which is clearly a flawed system. However iPod converted videos will be fine in the new \Video folder (which also introduces subfolders to the PSP video structure (still only one level of subfolder though)). However any update is fine by my and hopefully this will be fixed soon with a 2.8x update, then we can all get back to waiting for the big one, v3 (or you know playing Lumines (still))

Yeh but who says 3.0 is gonna be big, its all just stupid rumours, people had official stuff from sony that neva came true eg. 3.0 after 2.7 and they say that its gonna have paint etc, but thast stuff is just not practicle for the psp, seriously.... can u draw a good pic on a psp.... NO!

sony should add something new to the updates,something that hasnt to do with wifi and stuff...... i anyways never update my psp firmware,it takes all the fun stuff away like the homebrew and the cool free stuff.. sony spoil the fun,but i must admit,if ur in the right country and stuff,the psp holds some great advantages for you guys,enjoy it <_<:P:D

The psp is great! They hopefully will release official RAM chips so we can upgrade the ram and run high quality flash games etc, so you will be able to do all ur gaming homebrew in flash, thats a good way for them to take out homebrew, by official RAM upgrades, only working with like... latest version... so if they released it today, it wood only work with 2.8 and up