xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
beeseven

Summer Assignments From My School

I have to read these three huge books (one's actually a trilogy) and write a four-page essay on one. Add that to the fact that I'm trying to test out of precalculus.... Summer work sucks.

lol Ya I know what you mean. I will start as a sophmore next year (i start in a week) and I have to read Poland (616 pages) and then another book. Poland I have to write 2 different essays, one 3 pages, and one just one. Then I have another 200 something page book to read and do some stuff for that as well as a postcard and 11 journal entries for spanish. I hate it. I thought we were supposed to enjoy our time off.

I have to read The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende and Doll House. For each novel I have to write a 1000-1200 word analysis. The essays have to be flawlessly edited, as my teacher will accept no more than one error per paper, if more than that you get a big fat zero.

That really sucks, teachers are becoming more and more hypocritical of themselves. My teacher once says"School is not for socializing, it is for learning. Leave the socializing out of school and the learning inside"So I ask...."If school is just for learning, than shouldn't the learning part be contained just to school, and not to out of school?"Anyway, I got to read Homer's odyssey over the summer, i think it is like a trilogy like its multiple books, but oh well. Im glad no essays is involved, and I know what happened since I watched the movie!

lol Wow! I remember this post. Now I have different assignments. I have to read Chesapeake by the same guy as Poland but this one is 1001 pages. I also have to read either 2 or 3 books for English. I have to do a few writing assignments for each book. I also have about 20 pages of reading, and about 10 pages of worksheets for Chemistry. And for Spanish I have to research and prepare for an oral presentation, a group presentation, and an essay. It's exciting but it's necessary and probably helpful for the long run.

I find reading huge books fun. :) In the school I went to, they didn't require kids to read such long books. We read one book per year and that was it. The school (of correspondence) I'm in now required me to read a thin book of about 150 pages. I guess I lucked out in a way I wasn't expecting.

I feel so lucky- because Schoolastic had a shortage on the books we were supposed to order and read. So we got out of our assignment all together. But apperently there is going to be a crap load during the school year next year next year. But at least i dont have to waste my summer reading some dumb book! Go me!

That really sucks, teachers are becoming more and more hypocritical of themselves. My teacher once says
"School is not for socializing, it is for learning. Leave the socializing out of school and the learning inside"
So I ask....

"If school is just for learning, than shouldn't the learning part be contained just to school, and not to out of school?"

Anyway, I got to read Homer's odyssey over the summer, i think it is like a trilogy like its multiple books, but oh well. Im glad no essays is involved, and I know what happened since I watched the movie!

lol! Haha. I'm going to use that on my teachers! I think the reason my teachers are so hypocritical is because they don't really remember their high school years but since they're fresh out of college (most of my teachers are really young) they remember their tedious college years, and bring that to us.

I hate my summer assignment. Its the only reason I don't want summer to start.