xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
klo91

Favorite Sport

Favorite Sport  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me personally, i like basketball. It is high paced and high scoring. Unlike football wich stops at every play, basketball is continuous and the only thing that stops it are fouls and timeouts. Also, unlike soccer, it is high scoring and it is more exciting.

I like football. A good Sunday to sit on the couch, eat, and play and watch some football. It is always intense at the end of the game and a interesting game. Football FTW!

I'm going with baseball. As Ozzie Guillen pointed out recently, unlike with basketball, baseball isn't a sport where one or two good players can win it for you. It takes a whole team of 9 guys (regardless of what the movie Benchwarmers has to say) working together to play efficiently. By the way, in Benchwarmers, all the kids had to do was start bunting and they'd have had an easy win :D If you only have a pitcher, catcher, and outfielder, all the other team has to do is push bunts to the 3rd base side and even if the pitcher gets it, they can't possibly run to 1st base or tag out the runner in time. So the 3rd baseman and 1st baseman are both very necessary. Anyway, soccer has some cool plays here and there but most of the time you're just watching people kick the ball to each other and spend 15 minutes just trying to maneuver the ball down to the right side of the field. I was looking at pro soccer's standings and have a little statistic for you. In one of the two leagues, 1 of every 3 games ends up a tie, and in the other 1, 1 of every 4 games ends up a tie. And soccer games take an hour and a half! That's highway robbery, paying good money to get in (and risking a possible trampling as well) only to sit an hour and a half with a 25-33% chance of watching a no-decision. As my dad said, that could serve to make things more competitive... but as the standings show, there's only 1 clearcut good team in both leagues, and 1 clearcut bad team. All the others are right around .500. I just don't get soccer...Golf and croquet (which after playing recently for the first time I actually found fun) I consider games, not sports. When an 80 year old guy can hobble around the green making shots, one must wonder how much "athletic" prowess is required. And isn't the definition of someone who plays a sport an "athlete"? I just don't buy that stuff like golf, pool, croquet, and my personal favorite, chess, are sports, even if they are fun games involving competition. For whatever reason I find one-skill events like track, ice skating, bicycling, and surfing pretty dull. However honed the skills must be, you're really just doing one thing. It's like a race, there's only one way to the finish line, so it doesn't really test your ingenuity or allow you to use all your skills to compete. I love baseball because moreso then any other sport I think it lets someone with any special athletic skill enjoy themselves. There's throwing of all kinds (infield, outfield, pitching) involving varying degrees of accuracy, power, and finesse), running of all kinds (basestealing, fielding), sliding and jumping, hitting... furthermore, there's a deep level of strategy to the game that allows for a lifetime of continued improvement in all areas so that you can never truly be perfected in all areas. Plus, unlike with football you don't have to hurt other players. I just think baseball is the best of all worlds.

I like volleyball! I just made the school JV girl's volleyball team, so I'm excited about that. I've never played on a sports team before =)I also like racket sports like tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. I guess other sports are ok, but I really only like the sports that don't require me to handle the ball for more than a second at a time (ie. tennis, badminton, and ping-ping). =P

I would have to say my favorite sport to play is baseball. Mostly because im good at it but I also like the game itself because you never really know which team will win. My favorite sport to watch is football. Watching football never gets boring because so many things are happening at once each play. I also think watching college football is much more exciting than watching the NFL because the college football players play with more emotion and I think it makes watching college football much more exciting, especially when you are watching one of your hometown teams.

My favourite sport is football, also known by a few countries as soccer :blink: All the other sports are not very interesting... this american football is fun to play but watching is boring. Same to rugby. basketball and the others are, in my opinion, boring to play and watch :wacko:

My favorite sport is Basketball. I played on my Varsity team in high school ( sat bench but w/e ) and it was one of the best experiences in my life, it taught me teamwork and good sportsmenship that I hadn't learned anywhere else.Also I'm the biggest Laker fan on the planet !