xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Map For Trap17 Members All members are invited to join this.

While browsing I came across this and thought that this will enable us to know where most of the users are from in Xisto and also it also helps us to find the persons who are from a place nearby us.
Do join this Map and also tell about this to all Xisto Members.
http://www.frappr.com/

That's a pretty cool idea. I added myself. lol You can't see me unless you scroll :) I wonder though just how many dots would be there lol They could get all bunched up. I just put a general area and my username though.

I'm thinking that mybe the original poster might have set that as the start point since I think that is where he lives... , but I am not certain. :) Just a random answer...

Trap17 forum featured Member's Map module but during the upgrade from v2.0 to 2.1.x it was not activated.OpaQue and I were discussing about how much information are too personal? And it was that debate that resulted in not activating the member map in our forum. This is still in the discussion of adding new modules to Xisto forum (without slowing down the forum). In the mean time have fun, and be safe :)

Xisto forum featured Member's Map module but during the upgrade from v2.0 to 2.1.x it was not activated.
OpaQue and I were discussing about how much information are too personal? And it was that debate that resulted in not activating the member map in our forum.

This is still in the discussion of adding new modules to Xisto forum (without slowing down the forum). In the mean time have fun, and be safe :)

The way I see it no one has to put up their location if they don't want to, and if they do it's their choice. There is nothing in the terms that say you have to put up where you live. Just post a little note that says you are not responsible for any information the user posts on the forum or any content on the site.

Hey, I think that would be a nice way on finding others and their locations. I'm not sure of the privacy I would give it since its only to the public. If there was a password or some page or some sort where Xisto members only can join and view it. As a 15 year old, I wouldn't want to place my infomation on it, because of all those wierd people out there :)

Its a good idea. But you/we have to do something more, we should promote this by sending PMs to other members. What do you think.Meanwhile I will add myself after 3-4 days when I will be having my Broadband connection.