xisto Community

I love archery (and no, not just because Legolas does it in LOTR) but I'm not aware of any leagues or anything around here. Are there organizations for archers/archery in your areas? I mean is it popular *anywhere* other than in the minds of LOTR fans??

I'm not a huge 'LOTR' fan, but I do enjoy archery. I'm not a hardcore archer or anything, but I've been doing it since I was about nine. I've been in various clubs and groups all over the place, but usually it's just me and some friends getting together and making lots of holes in piles of hay-bags. And going for the occasional rabbit B)

Archery is quite difficult but I think there are many clubs all over the world....It's not as if it's dead.....They got archery in olympic games too....

I did archery last year at camp, was pretty hard for me... didn't have enough strength hehe

Heh, I tried archery once, but not the "traditional" type... I travelled to the Amazon Forests, and since we had a friend that worked in FUNAI (Brazilian's Organ of Indian protection), we visited this tribe and they were really kind to us, they even allowed me to play a little archery... Course I was lame, but it was fun anyway :PVisit Brazil, people, that place rocks! :P

Heh, I tried archery once, but not the "traditional" type... I travelled to the Amazon Forests

now *that* is some archery! :P I think I've seen it on PBS hehe
"And going for the occasional rabbit" - I coulda swore as I read that, it said "hobbit" eep.

I never liked archery and i have never been interested in watching it. no hard feelings guys. hehehe