xisto Community
shyam

Upload Speed What is it

I havn't posted enough yet but please cold you tell me what the upload speed is, as I need a host that can let me upload at at least 50kb!!! Most other decent hosts I have used have really rubbish u/l speeds!

erm ... upload speed .. it depends on how many files u gonna upload n how big the file is ...frankly ... when uploading 82 files of mine .. it took about 3-4 mins. the total filesize is 1.2mb ..may be this is because there's too many files for me

Upload and download is relative. When you upload something to the server, the server is downloading from you.

You question about 'What is upload speed?': It is how much fast a connection/machine can send out data. Your following statement:

as I need a host that can let me upload at at least 50kb!!!

is rather ambigious. In different context it can mean different things. It can be used when talking about ISPs, programs and a whole list more. But in this case, I'll assume you are talking about Xisto downloading data from you.

Personally, FTP for me is very slow. I get extremely low speeds. What I suggest is that you log into cPanel and use the File Manager there to help you upload big files.

It puzzles me to why the speeds are so slow for FTP, but I noticed that this trend is common in other hosts too.

-Shackman

The upload speed depends on your internet connection :)If your using a 56k connection, you get 3-4 kbps upload speed and 4-5 kbps download speed. That's all...