xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Yahoo, Faster Than Google - TEST

not really. what can you do in 0.023 of a second? You can't even blink. lol :) That's just journalists trying to get paid by writing an article they think magasine editors will publish :P

On what connection speeds did they test it on though, and how many times did they test it? I would like to know if they tested it on DSL/Cable/T3/T1, etc; or just averaged them all out. I just did a search on the same thing on Google and Yahoo and Google was 0.02 seconds faster for me and on another search it was 0.05 seconds faster. I mean this really varies by day of the week, time of day, if school is in and what not as well.

You can't just say google is not as fast, or yahoo is not as fast. First of all, the search makes a difference. If you search for something on google its not going to have the same amount of results that yahoo will, thus affecting the load time. How much traffic there is on each search engine also makes a difference. There are many factors that can cause slowness in an SE but honestly though...who cares. Its .02 seconds faster. Are you kidding me, would anyone really choose one SE over the other because of some time like that?

Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 21,250,000,000 for a. (0.11 seconds)Yahoo: 1 - 10 of about 10,900,000,000 for a - 0.02 sec.Sure Yahoo is .09 seconds faster, but Google has almost twice as many results.

Google: Results 1 - 10 of about 21,250,000,000 for a. (0.11 seconds)Yahoo: 1 - 10 of about 10,900,000,000 for a - 0.02 sec.

Sure Yahoo is .09 seconds faster, but Google has almost twice as many results.

And that's what count's in the end.

Hm? Who cares if Yahoo's faster by some milliseconds? We don't really realize it with our puny minds. Like everyone said only the results matter. I can't see why they had to dig up something like this... It's not really such an important issue. But anyway, I usually go to Google to look for stuff, but I also go to Yahoo! if I don't find what I'm looking for. Google's simplicity is what attracts me the most, you know.

Interesting, considering a long time ago Yahoo was using's google's search technology before Google eventually decided to go it alone. Although Yahoo's search aint bad, the junk around it pretty much tells me to stick to google.