xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Panzer

Web Accelerator (Googles one)

Has anyone come across it? Its part of google labs and its fairly new i think. Its just a 1.4mb setup file. I installed it and it appears down the bottom right of your screen (Where it shows time, USB Chips, Anti virus etc).It shows you how much time you have saved just to the left of where you type your website URL. It works for both dial up and DSL/Cable/Broadband whatever you call it although you need to optimize it. Its default is DSL so if you have Dial up, right click the logo >> Preferences and you can change it. Has anyone used this before?

nope! never even heard of it!

Google.com >> more >> google labs >> web accelerator. Last night with my dial up, i was on the internet for about an hour and it said i saved 2 minutes 30 seconds which was good i guess.

I have seen Web accelerator but did not downloaded it, does it works with 256kbps net service as well?

I have seen it, downloaded it but never used it, mainly because its not avalible for windows 98, I would do it on my windows xp but I am very limited with whot I wana do on there seeing as my mum and dad use it and go nuts if they find a new thing ior somin wrong with it..... they would never say yes to downloading or installing it, so i just put it in the trash can after downloading