xisto Community
MacFly

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ? A little Quizzy...

What Operating System Is The Best Games Base ?  

111 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Windows 2000, because its more stable than Windows XP. XBOX is using a modified version of Windows 2000 as well.If Linux had more commercial games, I'll vote for Linux.xboxrulz

I reckon windows XP is the best gaming platform, it is a little resource heavy i.e. Huge wallpapers, all those viruses etc using up resourses but if used on a resonable gaming computer it works a treat. Also windows XP has a much better looking interface which i have become akin to.

i highly recommend windows 2000. its more stable than xp and it is purely built for gaming but if win98 is in the part of the list i recommend win98 and but if you have linux i think it is the best for gaming because of its stability!! :)

Windows XP is built based on Windows 98 and Windows 2000. It has the stability of Windows 2000 with the functions of Windows 98. This also includes a modified Blue Screen of Death.xboxrulz

I am a big *nix fan and even knowing the fact there are realy cool games for the *nix platform the fact is that windows still beats us when it comes to gaming. But thats more the fault of the devolopers as the platform, Look at ID-software for instance they provide the linux corner also with installers for there games so doom3 and many more wil run nativly on a *nix platform. I sure wished more game-devolopers would do this.. True you can try things like wine, cedega and so on but it would be nicer if it runned native on the platform..

Windows XP, not because its the best OS but because most games are made windows-only. Simple but true. I believe the UT2003 was ported to linux but I don't know of any other high-quality games on other platforms then windows. Sad but true. Would have switched to linux long ago if more games were ported to it.

Windows XP, not because its the best OS but because most games are made windows-only. Simple but true. I believe the UT2003 was ported to linux but I don't know of any other high-quality games on other platforms then windows. Sad but true. Would have switched to linux long ago if more games were ported to it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A few ported games (as in run nativly in linux)

return to castle wolfenstein (and mods)

quake 1, 2, 3 (and mods)

starcraft

UT (all verions)

Tribes 2

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Railroad Tycoon II

Heroes of Might and Magic

SoF 1 &2

Heavy Gear

Medal of Honor

All have been ported to linux, there are more see http://www.tuxgames.com/

So its not only UT2003 as you can see now...

I am sory to say this but windows is much better for gameing lovers, that is the fact, I can't do anythig against it.. Why, becouse comercial is the games middle name :)

Yeah hatebreed! :) Simple and fine if you got a video card matching it.But seriously, gentoo linux, all the way.We just need a few programmers and companieswhich don't stick to ESTABLISHED MONOPOLIES....but guys...aren't we ignoring WINE?

Yeah hatebreed! :)

Simple and fine if you got a video card matching it.

But seriously, gentoo linux, all the way.

We just need a few programmers and companies

which don't stick to ESTABLISHED MONOPOLIES.

...but guys...aren't we ignoring WINE?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if you take wine or cedega to this conversation windows still bats us with games, I tried wine and cedega for a couple of games and yes some run well under it but I am a worms player and I never got it to work in wine or wineX, Oke basic game worked but i want to play online and that did not work, alltrough games like HL and CS did work flawlessly in Wine :D

And hello felow Gentoo user :D

I think i have something against WINDOWS, so I voted for other , although i ahve only ever tryed MAC OS, and that wasn't great. I've heard great things about linux thouhg and I really want to parttition my drivewhen i get a new computer so i canrun 2 OS : WINDOWS and aLINUX based OS.

Well, I admit that WINE can't emulate
windows all that well, but there are still
a bunch of games for linux. Just type it in
at google, 'linux games'. I know you usually
need to get 101 packages first, but I have a
sourceforge project dedicated to that, it's called CDE,
Code Dependency Eliminator. Right now we're all
practically on vacation :D but we'll get there.

xboxrulz:

y SHOULD we?

:) Don't take it like that, it's just voicing personal opinion.
I have nothing against windows personally, I think Gates
did well with it, but I find Linux the better OS.

...I'm glad there's another Gentooite here. :D

Windows xp is the latest version, and its not likely to give so many errors. Many others are as good as well but for now i choose windows xp. I can trust more on this on, likley then the others.