xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cman500

Can You Give Me Tips On How To Create A Web Page?

i think maybe you should have done some internet searching before you went here? Do you know any html, php, or whatever it is you know? Those are really important if you want to do a website.

I am gonna assume you haven't made a webpage before...So... It all depends on how sophisticated you want your website to be. If you simply want to create something like a picture gallery, I would recommend just using a WYSIWYG editor.If you are interested in making more advanced web pages you are gonna have to put in the time to learn HTML and Javascript.If you already know a bit of HTML, learn about CSS (style sheets). This is the most useful thing in creating a professional looking website. You can create the layout graphic in your favorite graphics editor and then just use div's to locate where you want the content to go. This is the easiest way to make a good looking website (in my opinion).

how can i create a web page

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ummmm.............Cman500

if you really dont know any thing about building website and think

it is difficult , i suggest you to use other Graphical Softwares such

as flash to build your website, it can be much easier than html

and other prefrered languages, if you want any further tutorials

on this langauages and softwares

visit this online tutorial database website: to find one

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

its very helpful

I would first recommend you to use WYSIWYG editors. But those websites don't come out very nice. You should first check out some html tutorial pages, then use some templates on your html website where you can edit some stuff. but first check out tutorials. Maybe at first your pages don't come out very good and professional, but if you learn then they'll start to come out better and better.First learn html and css. If you can make quite good pages in html then you can learn php if you want to.I first started with a WYSIWYG editor and then started trying to make html pages with the help of tutorials. And after trying and making pages they just started to look better and better. Now i'm trying php a little.You just have to learn a little and try. And if things don't work out at first then don't quit, just try again!

Well...I reckon the best HTML helping...How to build a webpage...helper is http://lissaexplains.com/ I used that to help me when I Was 8...So I reckon...you will definately understand...it's not just for kids but also for big kids aswell :)

Anyways first of all use a HTML checker to know that your HTML you are doing is valid.

ALWAYS to close html tags you have opened.

When I started using html when I Was 8 I never used one of those Page Builders because LMAO I thought they were harder than actually writing your own....

b4 i'm goin to say anything...just want to say....how can i create a web page?is a simple questions..right?go to any html editor and press New document...then save it...then u have a blank web page...=.=sorry i'm being a stupid...ok...i will say depend on what kind of web page u look forward to create...a personal site...a bussiness site..personal site...need to know what u want the site for...for yr own stuff so u can share with yr frd...for review on what u think about somethings...etc...bussiness site...so depend u work for yr own ...or a company...if so...they should tell u the aim b4 u started...ok lets talk about...personal site as i dun think u goin to build a bussiness site now...it is easier depend on what is yr standard of a good site...a beautiful with a lot of animation and etc...or a plain site with full of detail informations...but anyway ...first u need to choose a type of coding to learn...php html cgi etc...read some internet magazine...which have quite lot of information about which coding is fit what kind of site...but now i think the most common coding for personal site is html and php...as most ppl have some knowledge about html...and php and associate with html ....if u dun want to learn coding...then just use m-word to make a nice document then save it as web-page...m-word should help u change all the things into html..which is fast and easy...if u r lazy enough....personal i hate it.....it is always nice to learn something then build something from nothing...it feels good....^^ good luck

I would recommend you look at other sites and see what sort of design elements you want. Also plan what you want your site to be about. I strongly recommend Lissa Explains because it's simple and fun. w3 has updates and current forms of HTML, and it's also a very good place to learn.

A webpage is basically an ASCII text extension name is "html" or "htm" and coded using HTML tags. So what you do is

1. Open up your MS Notepad or Vi or whatever text editor you have on your computer
2. On the new file that your create type the following codes:

<html><head><title></title></head><body></body></html>
3. Save the file as "mywebpage.html" in a folder that you should remember. You've just created an empty webpage called "mypage.html".
4. You may now add contents to the webpage. For the rest of the codes, you may go to this page.

You should go to this page: http://www.w3schools.com/ ; It really is the best place to learn anything related to creating web pages and almost any technology you can use to make it. From javascript to php to css, etc. The list goes on. Right there you have tutorials for the next couple of months if you would like to know the right way to create web pages with the best examples and documentation and knowledgebase.