xisto Community
Jester009

Your Phone Is More Than A Phone? What more do you do with your mobile phone

Hey guys,What more do you do with ur mobile phone other than making calls and smsing.I have a Nokia 6600. I use my phone for these tasks.Reading books. (pdf,Doc,prc,rgo)Chatting. (Both IRC and msgr)Watching movies (smartmovie)DictionaryMp3 playerLittle bit of gaming (not as n-gage)Camera (picture is not that gr8 but with some photoshop its manageable) :) Cheers

Well, I have a very basic call and text cellphone, a 1100. It has very little features but it comes really handy sometimes. I get to use its flashlight when its dark like when I've turned off the lights in my room and I forgot to turn on my fan and I needed an instant source of light. I also use my phone as an alarm clock. My alarm clock at home has been through a lot and has in fact died on me and so my phone does the KRIIING KRIIING! function when I need to wake up extra early for work. And then there's the call and text of course and the occasional snake 2 tournament to beat the high score my brother managed to get. :)

I used to have a Java dictionary in my mobile, which is a motorola V360. However, when my SMS box got full, the Java application was deleted mysteriously. I still don't know why it was deleted, probably it was a bug with the phone, but the only additional function I found with my phone was gone for good. My phone can be used as a mp3 Player too. I have a 128MB transflash card in the phone, which can store about 25+ songs. But the USB transfer rate of the phone is too slow and it is a painstaking experience trying to copy songs to the phone. I gave up finally. Another problem with the mp3 player is that it cannot play big files. Radio programs which span for an hour have to be split. It is a tedious task. In summary, I dont find any good thing about those additional functions of my phone. So my phone basically is still just a phone.

I use my P910 alot for collecting emails when away from my pc, as an mp3 player, watching dvds if im on a long journey (matrix relaoded at the moment), its has a good digital camera/video recorder so that gets a fair bit of use when im out & about, games when im bored (V-rally is ngage quality), browsing the net, (& using msn), & occasionally I ring people...

Hey guys,
What more do you do with ur mobile phone other than making calls and smsing.
I have a Nokia 6600. I use my phone for these tasks.

Reading books. (pdf,Doc,prc,rgo)
Chatting. (Both IRC and msgr)
Watching movies (smartmovie)
Dictionary
Mp3 player
Little bit of gaming (not as n-gage)
Camera (picture is not that gr8 but with some photoshop its manageable) :D

Cheers

I have an iPhone. Do you really want me to tell you what all stuff I do in my phone... Here it goes.

1. Make calls.
2. Receive calls
3. Send and Receive SMS
3. Use it to keep track of time - Alarm, stop watch etc.
4. Use the calendar extensively. Use it to create events. I have synced it with my google calendars. And there by I have everything in my calendar.
5. MP3 of course. Listen to music.
6. Use internet - Browse Browse and keep doing it till I get tired.
7. Check weather and Stock info.
8. Which traveling - Browse maps and locations
9. Use it for search when required
10. Utilities -- iPhone has an appstore and you get n number of utilities from there. I use fake a call, evernote, voice recorder etc etc. Just browse the appstore and you will know what all it has.
11. Games -- iPhone has thousands and thousands of games to download and play. I have been using it extensively.

I think I have almost covered everything... If i have missed something and its there in future, probably I am using it and forgot to put that here... :D

Well, with my mobile phone I usually use it for calling and writing sms/mms, but I also sometimes listen to mp3, because it has 2 GB of flash memory, I can put some albums there and the quality is really good, even though I bought an mp3 player sometime ago which is even better and now I can save some energy on my cell phone. Also with my phone I take pictures if I don't have a camera near me, usually it's something what happens around me.. I also can record videos with it, but the quality isn't to good, unless putting on youtube or something like that, I also sometimes record a sound if being with my friends, but very rarely as this function isn't interesting anymore at this time, thats about all I use in my mobile, I have Java games, I tried Java apps, browsing Internet with Opera mini, Skype and other software, but I don't do it frequently, at first it was fun, but usually to university, at home and at work I bring my laptop, so using the phone and GPRS isn't necessary for me. ;]

I have tried out few different cellphones which i purchased online and i dont use few of them anymore.the phones which i had bought are : watch phone, tv phone, iphone, nokia-n95, samsung a star.None gave me any happiness when compared to my recent phone : nokia-n97. its the best of all. With this phone i feel i havent discovered all features, because, its such a great phone with allmost unlimited applications. I usually use it for calling and texting purpose. But in my free time i do all sorts of actions in it like playing games, listening to digital songs and capturing crystal clear pictures. more than that the internet. it is the best!

I've always wanted to buy an phone with all those cool features but ever since I found out that advanced phones can get viruses too, I lost interest in them. We have that headache on our PCs - why carry the headache in our pockets? ;) That's why I got a basic phone with really basic features. But I didn't compromise on the look. My phone has got a mirror finish and that gives it a stylish look. It's a virgin mobile handset -vbling.

I'm cureently using a windows mobile smartphone, and use it for a lot of things.

I use it regularly for:

Making and recieving calls

Text and picture messaging

The internet (generallyvia wifi)

instant messaging and emails

multimedia

viewing and editing microsoft office documents

callendar

address book (my contact list holds a lot of information about contacts which I use a lot)

task list

some games (solitaire when im bored is really all)

the camera (when im stuck without a good camera)

youtube

google maps

Im sure I could carry on listing things forever....

Well there are a lot of things which I usually do with my cell phone other than talking to someone else. I personally own Nokia N72, yeah a N series phone so it is obvious that I listen my mp3 songs in it. Other than this I surf internet via GPRS, play a lot of games, read PDF documents, send or receive mail, watch .3gp videos, click photographs, even sometimes I also watch movie in it when I am really bored and all this in my cell phone. I also download songs and softwares for my pc and mobile phones using GPRS connection on my mobile phone...isn't it good use of internet connection on mobile phone!

I have to say that since my phone is like, so ancient and all that I really can't do anything with it but use it as a phone (communication purposes)... though I might say that I DO play games on it, like Snake and only snake because that is like, basically the only game on the phone and I also text people (but only if they text me first) and just use it as a Phone!!! I sometimes also use it as a watch or a clock because I don't wear a watch and I often need to know the time - I usually just take out the phone and read the time on it. Another thing that I do with my phone is to keep my contacts in there, so if I lose my phone that will mean that I will lose my whole list of contacts (not a very smart idea, especially with an old phone like mine), but I really can't be bothered making myself a hard copy list of contacts for myself, so I just have to trust my phone.I really don't know what else I used with my phone apart from all that... Yeah, I know... boring post, huh? But I really don't see why you would want to or need to use your mobile phone for anything other than the purposes that I listed above... which I supposes, explains the reason why I am so against expensive phones no matter what functions and widgits that they have because I won't use them anyway...Too unreliable.... though I wouldn't mind the internet connection though... ;)

Here's what I use my phone for: * Internet * Chating(instant messagine) and emails * multimedia * address book * Camera (video clips and pictures) * google maps * 3D Games, but at most video poker * Making and recieving calls * Text messaging * MP3 player * Storing important files on my memory stick