xisto Community
conret

Spanish Speaker translate plz

Well I don't really speak spanish but here is what I do know how to say "You don't have the right number."

Usted no tiene el numero correcto. If you want to just look up what you want to say at an online translator. http://yahoo.com/

You can say:"Te has confundido de n?mero" or (being more polite) "Disculpe, se ha confundido usted de n?mero".The sentence that Plenoptic said is gramatically ok so surely that mexican dude won?t have any problem in understanding it but it sounds a bit weird anyway. :)

It might work better if it sounded weird though. If you can't really speak Spanish you don't want to say one line correctly and have the guy ask follow up questions. When my sister worked in call centers and someone who spoke Spanish called in for support, the workers were encouraged to say "No hablo espa?ol" using a Texas accent so that the callers would really get the idea.