xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
aka-2

How To Increase Google Adsense Ctr Simple tips on colors and ad placement can increase CTR.

żWhat is CTR?

Short for click-through rate, the ratio of the number of times a user clicks on an online advertisement per number of viewers who view the Web site that has the advertisement on it. For example, if one out of 100 people who visit a specific Web site click on an advertisement and are taken to the advertiser's site, then the CTR of that advertisement is 1/100, or 1%.

People who use contextual ad, most of them Google Adsense, want to increase Google Adsense CTR i.e. click through ratio, because the higher times the surfer clicks the Adsense ad, higher is the payout to you.

How to get higher CTR?

* Post Adsense ads them on text rich pages and make sure that Adsense had a bunch of keywords to work with. Getting Higher paying keywords is better of course.

* Learn how to get rid of public service ads, which pay you nothing for your efforts.

* Avoid titles like the approved Sponsored Links and Advertisements above the Adsense ads. Why do you want to tell the world they are ads when google already puts Ads by Gooooogle with them. These two terms are the only ones allowed by Google TOS. Any other terms will get your account terminated.

Best Google Adsense Placement to get higher CTR?

* Place Ads above the fold, i.e. you dont have to scroll down to see the ads. Moreover it loads before your entire page does.

* Provide lots of free space around ads so that they stand out and users know where to find them

* Experiment by changing the location of advertisements. Track them by channels to see which location works. Sometimes they can do wonders.

* Many experienced Adsense users have reported better CTR with vertical ads rather than the horizontal ones. But that really depends on your site structure.

* Usually it is recommended to place towers on your right, as users tend to use the mouse to scroll the bar on the right side wiht a higher chance to see your ads. Some have reported doubling CTRs by placing towers to the left rather than the right, as people have got bored of seeing ads on the right, it has something to do with the sidedness of the brain which I do not understand and there is a tendency to read from left to the right.

* Many sites will have small ads in the top right hand corner, as they claim it is the first place where the eye sees.

Best Google Adsense Link Colors to get higher CTR?

* Match the colors of your ads with the colour scheme of your site. Blending with your sites color profile helps to identify them not as ads, but as links similar to those of your site. The more the AdSense looks like part of your site, the higher CTR you will get.

* Blend ads with your page - remove the borders by having a similar color as your background helps to show ads as being part of your site. Do not blend text or the Ads by Gooooogle with your background as it is against Google TOS. However, such blending may not work for you always due to banner blindness. Neither do they see the ads, not do they click on them. So a contrasting ad may suit your site better.

* Experiment by changing the colors, background of advertisements. Sometimes they can do wonders.

I hope these tips help to get your Adsense CTR up by at least 100% if not more.

Good luck!

Notice from mayank:

Thank you a lot,this lecture is very usefull.And I hope that I can enjoin it.But do you know one thing that to get the money from google adsense ,we have to put our security number into the tax form (for people live in united states),but I don't want to put my security number there.So do I have another way to get money from them?If we can get the money from them without giving them our security,anyone Please tell me that way.

Very nice tips. I plan on using Google AdSense to fund a new website I am going to be putting up soon and that will help out a lot. Who would have though that the higher CTR the more money but then again you should. It is obvious that if you make Google more money per visitor then you will make more money.

Thankyou very much for the tips, i'll be sure to make full use on all of them on my next website.On a previous website simply matching the colours of the ads to the backround increased my CTR considerably :)-eternal

Thanx dude that was a great help to me. I hope that your guidelines will help me to increase my revenure through the Google Adsense. Great work dude keep it up.

This tutorial is very good and usefull, in fact, i already knew this info reading high quality google adsense and adwords ebooks.I got this info with the joel comm ebook about google adsense secrets, and at the time, i used this info on my websites, and now i am earning more money per click, but still it isn't enough, and also another bad thing is that my website subject/keywords are subjects with tons of competitors, most of the subjects have millions of google results for the main subject jeywords and key phrases, but hey, i will not give up, untill now i have increased the cost per click on my most important websites, lets see "what the cat brings me in the future"!

Thank you for the guide! Hopefully with this I can increase my earnings from a max of $0.25 a day :smile:.For those of you that don't know, Google Adsense is one of the web's many programs that pays you to put their ads on your site. Google Adsense pays every time sombody clicks on the ad, but other program pay per view or by other means.

Hey,Thanks you for this helpful tutorial; I was planning on using Google ad-sense on the website that is actually under construction. That would really be helpful. Eventually, the more clicks u get and the more money Google make, the more money you win. But sometimes, you have to find the right subject to add in that will get Google(and you) lot of money :)There are some specific subjects and words that if you search in Google you make a great deal of money (and so do they), but it is just not always too obvious of what the word is (even if some are).Tim.PS. It would be pretty interesting to see somebody posting some really popular keywords that makes you win a lot with Google, but again, mostly would keep it confidential so they don't change it :)

Awesome mate. Thank you for sharing with us. I really want to implement Google Adsense to my website and this is a great help for me.