xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Communication Skills

Do you know the different percentages for:Body LanguageIntonationTalkingin communicating with someone?Well it is:Body language 55%Intonation 38%Talking 7%Also according to research it is general 90% of women who start the interaction with the oposite sex.Sorry if that bored you I just thought it was interesting

Heh, neat stuff!So I guess the thing to keep in mind is a lot of communication takes place even without us actually realizing it (or well... aren't fully aware of) - our posture, expressions, litttle gestures act as the picture that speaks a thousand words and in many cases, might be suggestive of our thoughts.

Edited by dreus (see edit history)

That study is totally wrong and measures the wrong things. Communication must also include other factors. One most important factor is listening skills. You cannot properly communicate without being able to listen and understand what the other person is saying.Another important factor is writing skills. This one obviously is part of communication in general but may not be used all the times such as during a conversation.Good communication skills are really important in today's society becasuse all high paying important jobs require this. You must be able to communicate in order to get your ideas across and also it helps you to motivate people to work. I think everyone needs to learn communication as part of mandatory classes in school. They must be able to communicate effectively before being allowed to graduate.