xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bounda

Life After Death? What do you think?

Is there life after death?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Me and a few friends were all talkin in a living room, and we got into a topic on ghosts, and then i asked if they believed in life after death. When you think about it, people talk about ghosts and such, but who knows. My friend's theory was when you reached the light at the end of the tunnel, you were born again, but if you died while being born, you return to your old self. There are a wide range of theories, and i want to hear what you think!

For sure there is. Death is one of the biggest lies that ever was. I don't fear death because I know that I will continue on even when my body expires, I only worry about what I leave behind. I guess that's why so many people stick around after 'dying'.I have many experiences of my own, all confirmed by a great many other people (alive and dead :)).But what I can tell you is that death itself doesn't hurt, it's quite pleasant. You don't have to be religious to go to 'heaven'. People aren't the only ones with souls. Reincarnation is a fact. Those on the other side often try to communicate with the living, we are just inept at hearing them. There is no 'meaning of life'. There is a point to life, but no 'meaning' as it were. The point is to evolve, become better both physically, mentally and spiritually. What we do in one life will have great impact on the next, it is up to us to learn from our mistakes otherwise we will make them again and again throughout our lifetimes until we do learn. We remember things from our past lives though most of the time it is on a very subconscious level.... I could go on and on.Like I said, death is the biggest lie that ever was. It's a transition, nothing more, nothing less. Just another part of life. We are conceived, we are born, we grow, transform, learn, evolve, procreate, our bodies die, we choose to exist for a while or be reborn and the cycle starts again.

I sort of would like to believe that what happens to your body is what you believe will happen or what your religion says will happen. I mean if you think about it, maybe you are reborn another person and completly forget everything you knew from your past life. Like maybe I was George Washington. Or maybe if you believe in heaven instead of reincarnation you will go to heaven and live in a whole new world watching those on Earth playing games with them like a computer game or just being their guardian angel. I guess you really won't know until that time does come and even then you may not figure it out.

I believe in Heaven and Reincarnation. Almost like heaven is a rest stop before you go back into a new body. Which would explain why some "reincarnated" people remember the lives of people who died a while before they were born. Yet I also believe in ghosts. Although I have never seen a ghost or anything related to ghosts for myself (and I really don't want to lol) I do have a reliable friend who has claimed over and over to have seen the ghost of a soldier on his trip to Gettysburg, and his roommates agree with his story as well. Also I saw this ghosts show and these people took pictures of the surrounding woodland and you can clearly see the silhouettes of many people in the tree line.just some of my theories and experiences... :)

There's definately a life after death, or alternate lives, or universes. For example Full-Metal Alchemist, before I watched that show I feared death. I now wonder about it. Full-Metal Alchemist's alternate universe. Also the gate theory, I love it. It's so well thought out and whatnot, there being a big **bottom** door that leads to either hell or another opposite universe. If there is such a thing, then we 'live' forever, that being said, live without fear of death, because we all want to know what its like really, in a way. And you can't forget the fact that dejavu occurs. When I experience dejavu it feals as if I've expierienced everything that's happening before, sometimes I get flashbacks, of certain things, other times I get flashback of entire days. Not to forget heaven or hell, or if there's even a reason we go ether way.

Well first off i do not believe in heaven or hell, so lets just get that completley clear here. I want to believe that there is life after death, but my realistic and non imaginitive side tends to get a hold of me, and i just picture myself being put into the ground 6 feet under, and that is that. I really don't know what to believe, because i need evidence either way. So i guess i am agnostic when it comes to life after death, neither can be proven, so i just don't believe in anyway. I will see when i get there i guess.

I sort of would like to believe that what happens to your body is what you believe will happen or what your religion says will happen. I mean if you think about it, maybe you are reborn another person and completly forget everything you knew from your past life. Like maybe I was George Washington. Or maybe if you believe in heaven instead of reincarnation you will go to heaven and live in a whole new world watching those on Earth playing games with them like a computer game or just being their guardian angel. I guess you really won't know until that time does come and even then you may not figure it out.

Plenoptic, you are right there. The dead often manifest their beliefs around them. i.e if they believed in heaven when they died their experience of death is 'heaven'. The same can be said for places like hell, valhalla etc. Some dead don't realise they are dead and tend to manifest their own lives or the events leading up till their deaths. You often hear 'ghost' stories of this nature. I remember hearing a medium relaying what a little boy was saying. He and his entire family had been murdered by his father. A childhood friend asked why he didn't move on and the little boy said he didn't know why, just that he was trapped in the house where he was killed. The little boy also said that even though he understood what had happened he still loved his father (who is still alive and on the run). Very tragic and very sad.
My experience of death is this - I didn't go anywhere as it were (no heaven, hell etc) but it felt wonderful like a euphoric state and it was like being up in space looking down on the world and being able to see everything. Memories of past lives come back. It's not cold or warm as it were but just pleasant. My last life wasn't a good or happy one (and I didn't go to hell for it despite being a pretty unpleasant person) so I didn't stay there very long - there wasn't anything holding me onto my old life so it was time to be reborn.
Many people still have vague memories of their past lives but usually they influence things like your instincts, or personality or habits, fears and loves.
The dead are always there and always around. Loved ones look in on you from time to time. And it would sure make for some interesting conversation if only people were more open. My mother is a Christian so she believes that ghosts are actually demons which I find very sad because I know for a fact that her father goes to see her on occasion.
It's all science. Just because science hasn't proven something doesn't mean it doesn't exist and doesn't mean it has no scientific basis. Science is getting better and better at 'measuring' 'paranormal' (paranormal is such a stupid thing to call it considering there's nothing para about it) activity. It's only a matter of time before 'conclusive evidence' is released to the bigger audience. Then I can finally stop scrapping with people like my mum and rest easy (no pun intended) that other people finally get it and don't have to fear death either.

Plenoptic, you are right there. The dead often manifest their beliefs around them. i.e if they believed in heaven when they died their experience of death is 'heaven'.

I am not gonna read all that sorry...

Anyway, i think that could be a possibility. Like when i die, i want to be just in this place that is just like everyone wears white, and the grass is green and just stuff that is simple but pure and beautiful. And only the people i loved are there, and no one else.

I also have a theory, that especially if you die young ,you go into another world, but instead of dying you just continue with how your life would have been, if you hadn't actually died.

While life after death, reincarnation, post-mortem paradise, etc. are all pleasant concepts, there is no solid proof that such a thing exists, and noone can really say "I KNOW that there is life after death..." because noone knows, some just believe very firmly, but that's not the same as "knowing."I think that we should live as if there isn't an afterlife for anyone, meaning we should live our lives to the best as if there is no second chance, but keep in mind that the same applies for those around you, so one should not spoil another's chance to enjoy life as well.

You can't say that no one knows. It is silly to say that just because you don't know, no one else can know. I DO know though I don't expect you to believe me and I know that I probably sound like some religious nutter saying they know something to be true in the hearts blah blah blah, there's nothing I can do about that other than to say I'm not religious, nor a nutter and I base my life around science and the reality. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you believe me or not, you'll find out when you die anyway :)

dead people shouldn't be typing stuff on the internet, its just not normal. go back to your grave thorned rosebut anyway, when you die thats it, your brain stops working and you cease to have an existence. there is no afterlife. The only way there can be life after death is if we come up with some way to transfer ourselves into another body, or a robot/computer, like in lawnmower man.

You can't say that no one knows. It is silly to say that just because you don't know, no one else can know. I DO know though I don't expect you to believe me and I know that I probably sound like some religious nutter saying they know something to be true in the hearts blah blah blah, there's nothing I can do about that other than to say I'm not religious, nor a nutter and I base my life around science and the reality. Ultimately it doesn't matter if you believe me or not, you'll find out when you die anyway :)

I meant that noone alive knows without a shadow of a doubt what happens when they die because in order for them to know, they must be dead and then could not convey that information. As for those who are partially dead, any white lights can be explained away as chemical imbalances in the brain or a dreamlike state. There is really no proof at all that supports an afterlife, unless you know of any, in which case present it, but if not, then you're not being a scientific and logical-minded realist in this case.

Once again, I'm not saying that there's no afterlife, just that there's no proof of it. Now, I've imaged before that the brain is like the converter between the mind and the body, merely a physical go-between, like an antenna between the physical universe and a dimension of pure thought. Of course, that's just a speculation and probably is nothing at all close to what the real answer is, whether or not there is an afterlife that exists (and regardless of where, when, or what said afterlife exists in).

The funny thing is...we will never know. No one is going to die and come back telling you that you will coninue to live on after you die. It hasnt been done or proven but that doesnt mean its not true. I said maby for the fact that there is a chance that we continue to live on and then the chance that we dont....but we will never know.

I just want to bring something up, before anyone else does and turns it into some crazy bs that isn't true. When i was younger, i got really sick, and was put into the hospital, and my heart stopped. They revived me, so technically i HAVE died. People say they felt outter body experiences, and stuff or spoke with "god" but I didn't. If i did...i dont remember, and i normally have a semi good memory of my YOUNG childhood. I think people want to believe they saw all this stuff when they were "dead" but i think really its just your brain slowly shutting itsself down, and you see/feel all this stuff, and it seems real...but if you have ever done any drugs, or anything or even simply just dreamed something, sometimes your brain can produce stuff that seems so very real, but it isn't.