xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
bounda

Your First Autoit Learning To Code..

Autoit is a simple, yet powerful programming language, it allowed the creation of the pangea desktops, and the Remote Pc Control with a cell.. You can learn it too. Here is the first of several lessons i will post inside of this topic. It is a 32 bit program, it doesnt work on windows 98, 95, and i dont think (THINK) Windows ME

Step 1: Download and install the latest version of autoit from https://www.autoitscript.com/site/ i prefer that you use beta.

Step 2: Right click somewhere on your desktop or my documents, and mouseover new and click Autoit V3 Script

Step 3 (optional but recomended):Download and install SCiTE from here http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Step 4: Right click your New autoit v3 script, and click edit, here we go!

Step 5:For your first script, we'll be doing a simple msgbox, type in msgbox(1, "Title", "Body")

msgbox is a command used to create a common box, 1 stands for the style like if it has ok, cancel and such, title is title and body is the body,

Step 6: Save it and Run it! A popup should come up saying body, with the window name title, experiment with this by adding several new message boxes, you will notice it wont close when u x it unless it is the last box.

Step 7: Select all and delete, time for someting new! Time for a little lesson, first:
$ represents a variable, these can change at different times. Type this in the empty file.

$name = inputbox("Name", "What is your name?")
sleep(500)
msgbox(1, "Name", "Your Name is" & $name)

Run this and see what happens =D, experiment with it!

This is the end of the first lesson, good luck and post back!

I've heard of Autoit before and wondered what it was. This tutorial doesn't really seem to have a lot of 'meat,' though. A good tutorial should give you enough information to do something.

I haven't heard of a programming language called autoit before. Also, as it doesn't support many of the Windows operating systems, I don't think i'll bother learning it. I think i'll stick with C or c++ for now.Anyway, thanks for sharing, is always interesting to know of different programming languages you've never heard of before!

Can you doing this??

Your First Autoit

Thank you,but where is the second lesson can you giving the link in this page 

-reply by AlZri

WTF M8?!

Your First Autoit

SportyTalk !***! are you talking about, saying it is not compatible! Check this: https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

/INTRODUCTION

+ Compatible with Windows 95 / 98 / ME / NT4 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista /

I think you should take a bath with your toaster!

-reply by Fusion

This helped me tons.

Your First Autoit

Thank you this a great little guide kind of thing you have set up here.

-reply by Hunter

HereYour First Autoit

thankls man, I'm so grateful I will give you all my auto clicker. YAY ME!

THIS IS COPYRIGHTED BY ME, I WILL SUE YOUR *** IF YOU ADVERTISE SOMEWHERE ELSE AND CALIM AS YOUR OWN!

HotKeySet("{f2}","onoff")HotKeySet("{F3}","exitapp")Dim $click = False$name = inputbox("John's AutoClicker", "What speed do you want the auto clicker to run at? NOTE, speed goes in 1/1000 of a second, so five seconds would be 5000, And in order to reset this app you need to reset the auto clicker")Sleep (500)MsgBox (1, "John's AutoClicker", "Running at delay of " & $name)MsgBox (1, "John's AutoClicker", "Push f2 to start/stop and f3 to exit.")

Func onoff() If $click = False Then   $click = True Else   $click = False EndIfEndFunc

Func exitapp() ExitEndFunc

While True If $click = True Then   MouseClick("left") sleep ($name) EndIfWEnd 

Keywords: how to code autoit