xisto Community
RockinTheCasbah

Selling Used Games At Eb How much money do they give you?

I'm thinking about selling some of my old games I never play anymore to EB, and I was just wondering, how much money would they give me? For example, if I sell a game that they sell for $10 on the used rack (and it's actually only on the used rack) how much money would they give me?

I just asked my sister, whose husband is an eb games manager who talks and talks about his job. She says that it all depends on the game, the platform and things like that. If the game is already selling for $10, you might not get more than a few dollars for it. There are some popular games that you could get $30 for. She also added that they don't take PC games anymore.

Ya if i were you i wouldnt sell anything to those places. After i beat Star Wars Knights of the old republic when it first came out i went to sell it to them and they wanted to give me like $7 for a game that is brand new and just came out. You are better off selling to friends or people you know you will get more money for the game. They do not give you any money for anything.

Down here they dont take PC games anymore, however they mostly trade games for another. Then again it depends on how much the games cost.. for example if you tried to trade a $30 game, you may only get a game costing around 20-30 in return. The tradeback depends on the condition of the game disc, etc.

I don't think it is worth it at all. One time I went to bring in about seven games and I was offered maybe $7 for it or less. Some games they offered less than a dollar for. I tried before and made maybe $15 on some old Gameboy Color games. I don't know I almost think the older the game the more money you might get because I made a bit of money on Nintendo 64 games as well. Just don't even bother trying to sell old sports games though you won't really make much on those.

Yeah I agree with Pleno, it's pretty much a rip-off. A $10 game, depending on how old it is, would probably sell for only about $1 at the most. If the game has a sequel of some sort, then the original is worth practically nothing. If you got a new game for $50 and sold it to them, they would probably give you $30. I would only sell the games you will never ever play again. But, hey, at least you do get something for them.

I dont think it is really worth it as well. I bought Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30 for about $30 dollars. I didnt like the game, but I couldnt return it (lost receipt), so decided to sell it to EB Games also was only about 3 or 5 days though after i bought it. I go and sell it, and I get only $10 dollars from it :blink:

Don't sell anything to EB. It's really not worth it. Same old story as everyone else. I bought a new game, didn't like it, and tried to resell it. They offered crap so I just held on to it. Plus, they will turn it around and sell it for atleast double the price they offered. Though I don't recommend selling games to companies, I've heard good offers by Block Busters.

A while back I decided I wanted to trade in my Gamecube and all oy games so I could put the money towards my Xbox 360. I think I had the gamecube, 6 used games, and 2 controllers. I got 95 dollars including everything from ebgames. This was a lot to me, mainly because all the games I had were previously used games that i bought for less than 15 dollars each. I figure I prolly got around 50 to 60 for the console, and the rest for my games. They rteated me farily well I think.

Just sell your stuff in the ad-bulletin. Selling games and game systems and EB or Gamestop is definately not worth it, I got $50 bucks for one of my Xbox's and I really regret doing that because I sold my other Xbox with a few games in the ad-bulletin for $150.

Should i sell it?

Selling Used Games At Eb

I once sold about 6 games to EB games to go towards buying spiderman 3. 2 of the games were only about a year old and were bought for $40 each. The other 4 were older games and were brought at about $13-$25. I sold all of the games and only recieved $24 in total. The rest of the $16 for spiderman 3 I had to pay. I am thinking about selling NFS ProStreet which I just got for Christmas. I have only had it for 3 days and it costed $50 for the wii. I have played it twice and it is still in perfect condition. Should I sell it or not? If so, how much do you think I would get for it?

-HateEB

You get absolutely squat. They give you an instore credit.Don't sell to them, they don't lose money because you get their currency and can only use it there.

If you're going to sell games to get another game(s) then sell it to EB but instead of cash, ask for store credit, it's worth more. If you're looking for putting it towards a new pair of sneakers or something, go with blockbuster, eBay, friends, etc. I sold my girlfriends PS2 and a few games to go for Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 a few months back for the PS3, and the guy said I would have gotten $10-$20 less had I gotten it in cash instead of store credit. I made between $60-$70 from selling a PS2 and about 3 or 4 games.-reply by Steve

Hi everyone, I got army of 2 and I don't like it that much it has NO scartchs perfect condition same with the case the books it could be sold as a new game if had plastic around it.It costed $59.99 and I was thinking how much EB games would buy for it if you could help it would very much appreciated.-reply by Tyler