xisto Community
Mjay06

Trap17 Google Search Results Shocker!

I just googled my site, & game back with masses of information regarding myself & my membership to Xisto - not my site. I'm horrified, is there anyway this can be prevented? & can you please at least delete this page, as soon as possible!

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/38676-free-web-hosting-mjay06-free-website-totalstudenttrap17com/

Thankyou

That has happened to me as well.Search engines should be blocked from viewing the applications. It's too dangerous to be giving these details out.

Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

That's why is better not to give your real information about yourself.Personaly, i am not afraid to, i give my personal information because i have nothing to hide, plus, i always act and say the same in virtual and real worlds.Anyway, i understand your point, and i respect it, but be smarter next time, if you know what i mean.

Trap17 can block those pages from Search Engines if they want using the robots.txt ... If this REALLY bothers you, try talking to BuffaloHelp or OpaQuE about this, and they can block these pages from search engines and bots!

That's why is better not to give your real information about yourself.
Personaly, i am not afraid to, i give my personal information because i have nothing to hide, plus, i always act and say the same in virtual and real worlds.

Anyway, i understand your point, and i respect it, but be smarter next time, if you know what i mean.

I see your point, but to be fair I dont lie when I join sites like this, & as a rule you wouldnt expect details like that to be splashed all over google.
Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

Well, we'll look into the matter and lets see what comes out after I'll discuss it with other mods and admins. we respect security of the information of the users. Yes, as other members said that it can be definitely blocked, but Mjay06, page can't be deleted, however we'll try to find out the alternate to that.

I think the applications are kept only to keep the information in a place where you can go back to it in case you lost it on your computer or forgot to save it or something. This saves the admins time from having to pull everything up if you forgot everything. Maybe I'm wrong but I guess maybe it should be blocked.

Hey the same thing happened to me, but i requested BuffaloHELP and he deleted my info :P

See have a look at mine:
http://forums.xisto.com/topic/37665-free-web-hosting-scab-art-free-website-scavengertrap17com/=

I just PMed BufaloHELP..and he deleted it for me. but this could cause a problem...everyone wants to delete the info.

They could make a script where when the application is approved that topic would go hidden can only be viewed by admins. This is just my idea :)

Yea its pretty crazy how any keyword you type in about yourself it usually comes up with the trap 17 results. Although i must of got lucky or something because my website comes up before trap 17 does, for most keywords anyways.Yea i dont really think that the information is a real big issue, i guess the only thing i would be worried about is having my email address leaked out into the public but i already recieve alot of spam so it doesnt matter to me.

Guests are no longer allowed to browse application area. This will prevent future spiders to cache those files unless it registers itself with our forum...which spiders cannot do.This will not prevent previously cached files, especially for Google, since cached page is controlled by Google and not by any other means.Robots.txt only protects your directory structures and files within. It cannot block SQL database queires performed by a forum script.

MEMBERS ARE REQUESTED TO EDIT OFF the information. The member applications are visible to guests and search engine spiders. You can remove any objectionable material from your application once it is approved like your email address and your name. Thanks

Please PM me with subject(s) or information you want to edit out. Send me the direct link to your application as well.This will solve your personal information issue. I do not encourage anyone to falsefying your actual information when submitting for hosting application. But once submitted you can request to be opted out.Thank you.