xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jackkkk26

Internet Browsing Restrictions

When ever I go on the internet and say for example I typed in games on google whenever i click on a link nothing will happen. Or if I look for a link on this site and click it nothing will happen (it won't freeze just nothing will happen) or it might say page can't be displayed. I went to internet options and looked and the restricted site zone and changed it to medium a pop up came and said that the recomended site level was high and it changed back to high.The only time i can get to a site is if I put the link in the address bar and still somethings on the site are not shown and the information bar asks me what i want to do.Does anyone know what is causeing this and if so how to fix it.

i take it you are using IE. :) better switch to Mozilla FireFox, and stop your worries. :Dsearch the forums for mozilla firefox and see what members here say about thisbrowser. :D after switching to Firefox, you will never look back to using IE ever again. :D

You can use Opera too... download it from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . Firefox is good too...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you don't want to use other browsers, it sounds like you have a hijacker of some kind. See the post about CWShredder and the rest of it. Also double check that your DNS settings match those that your ISP wants you to have. It might be a resolution problem. (ipconfig /all from a command prompt in XP and 2000, winipconfig in 98/ME)

If IE has been eaten by a Trojan, after you've cleaned it for malware, you'd probably also be best updating to IE 6 SP1, which is available from Microsoft. Best check for Malware anyway, even if you do switch to Firefox or Mozilla.

hey its nice question......there are many sites which remove restrictions from the sites which are banned by school, institution or government or even military..........for further information plz contact ........testingpirakx@gmail.comor rite2alok@gmail.com

When ever I go on the internet and say for example I typed in games on google whenever i click on a link nothing will happen. Or if I look for a link on this site and click it nothing will happen (it won't freeze just nothing will happen) or it might say page can't be displayed. I went to internet options and looked and the restricted site zone and changed it to medium a pop up came and said that the recomended site level was high and it changed back to high.

The only time i can get to a site is if I put the link in the address bar and still somethings on the site are not shown and the information bar asks me what i want to do.

Does anyone know what is causeing this and if so how to fix it.

Couple of things you should check...

1. Check your internet settings.

Check your internet settings. If everything is right and you are sure it has nothing to do with the connection, then proceed with the others stuff. Also, check with your provider or ask your friends in the neighborhood to see if the sites are loading properly for them... If yes, you have to move to the next problem. Its quite possible that the problem is with the provide and not with your system/ browser. It is also important to check if these sites are blocked/ restricted in your country. Again, this possibility is rare.

2. Check your browser settings.

If you are sure that your connection settings are correct, its time to check your browser settings. Depending upon the browser you use... make sure you explore all the browser settings. Check for the level of security for accessing the websites. If it is low, make it medium. Check if you have allowed to execute scripts and enabled Java in your browser. If you have not, that could be the reason for the trouble. If you are very sure that all the setting are right you might have to install another browser to check if the problem is with the browser or with something else...

If your problem persists with another browser too, then God save you. Its quite possible that the resource you are trying to access itself is down.

3. Check the resource you are trying to access

This is highly unlikely, but not impossible. So, do check if the resource you are trying to access is present. How do you do it? Many ways to do this. Below is a site which will help you do that.

http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

Down for everyone or just me is a very useful website which will help to know if a particular website is down only for you are everywhere.

Hope this helps.

And regarding the browser, if you are considering one... I would suggest Firefox.