xisto Community
tezza

Sony Spelling Mistake?

If you guys were reading you'd have noted that it's been proven it was PhotoShopped. I personally don't see what's quite so funny about 'Engrish', it's simply down to pronounciation and doesn;t affect people's ability to spell at all.Sorry to sound quite so arsey but it annoys me when people jump in with the Reply button and LOL away, acting as if it's real.

It would have been funny if it was actually real, but come on how long has Sony been in this business before? You really expect them to make a mistake like this? Their machines couldn't have done that, it would be impossible and even if it did happen quality control would have picked it up. They would have checked the console before displaying it I would think, to make sure it was perfect.Oh my gosh, I just read the posts above me, are you people blind or something, or just hit the reply button, on the first page someone clearly stated that it was photoshopped, read the whole topic before you post, its in the rules, at least the first page, come on.

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

that is not real there is no way sony will make a mistake like you really don't know what is real now of these days when you get them of the internet if a slip up like this had happen sony will have made a announcement about it on the news that they have to recall all their new ps3 controllers or something. Sony is a super business the only problem they have is technical ones spelling mistakes is something that will never happen. Another reason is everyone already had all the hype of the ps3 so they will look at making the ps3 perfect.

HA! If only. Sony are masters of screw ups. I wouldn't put this past them at all. Just the other day on their PSP Connect website they used a Project Gotham Racing 3 (Xbox 360) screenshot as an advertisement for Gran Turismo 4. You can see a screenshot of the website here before they finally noticed their screwup and took it down.

I couldn't remember the above so I asked my husband what Sony's latest screwup was and he replied "Which one?" which sums it up nicely! ;)

That is relating to what they put on their website etc. We aren't saying that the companies content on their website is perfect, we are saying that their products are perfect and a mistake like this would have been fixed before it was released into the public's eye. Anyway, the site only says its powered by Sony not that Sony runs it.

Edited by Matt2 (see edit history)

hey thats nice, I didnt know that you could find out what image editing program was used by opening the file in notepad. I wouldnt think sony would be capable of such mistake, I think they would notice this on the first prototype or something.

My husband is the editor for a gaming magazine so we hear about pretty much all the screw ups and out of all the console makers, Sony make the most. That's not to say the others don't just that Sony seems to make the most and the biggest. I put the website screwup on there just to demonstrate the amount of screwups they have (it may say powered by but the content has to be run past Sony first).The whole launch of the PS3 was one big screwup. I think putting wooden PS3s on display instead of the real thing is screwy (I saw one and have the pictures). If Crazy Ken can say sh** like because they cost so much, it will make people want to work more to own one, Sony can sure as hell making a spelling mistake.