xisto Community
tezza

Sony Spelling Mistake?

Found this, this morning and had to chuckle. The site has images of Select being spelt wrong on the PS3 controller. This on the back of reading the other day, the components don't even fit into the casing properly Oh, I do love Monday morning humour:

Sony Spelling Mistake

I'm hardly uber-king in graphics programs but after a few minutes playing around in paint shop pro I came up with this:

So if you're a professional in photoshop, then that may take you ~10 minutes to perfect? The only time I can truly be sure of whether that picture has been photoshopped is when SONY admit it on their website.

Don't forget SONY have been making controllers for decades. Surely they wouldn't sack the ace speller they hired before, after he proved his skill that often?

edit: Actually, it is Photoshop. Open up the image in notepad and the first line is:

˙Ř˙ŕ JFIF H H ˙áExif MM * b j( 1 r2 i ¤ Đ H H Adobe Photoshop CS Macintosh 2006:06:13 19:48:15

Good for a laugh tho :) * saves to trick people on msn *

lol Ya I wouldn't think that Sony would really do that. They would notice that there was a mistake a lot earlier then this and probably would have already fixed it before they started to post pictures. I do think though that it is a good joke. If you look closely you can still see that Serect is a little off :)

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

Yea lol you know how people test this stuff out and how many people look over this stuff to make sure everything is perfect. Plus thats not even the correct ps3 controller, thats only a dual shock controller from a ps2. Haha i dont know who this site is trying to trick but it looks like the people who commented on it fell for it. Yea but for a company to let something that stupid to slide is very unlikely.

While this is funny and all, the problem is L isnt a part of the Japanese language. They replace the L with an R. When the PS3 gos into full production this rushed spelling error will be fixed. If you go over see's you will see things such as "Crap Your Hands" and "Flesh Drinks".

I could probably do that in photoshop in about 3 minutes. Maybe not even. Thats just a little website trying to stand out. Apparently many people fell for it. Especially with a black backround like that. It makes it even easier.

"Crap Your Hands" and "Flesh Drinks".

Now thats funny. And Sony would NEVER let something like that EVER happen. You know how I know? It's common sense. Only retarded companies would put pictures out with spelling mistakes and never realize it. But Sony would never let that happen. Microsoft and Nintendo wouldn't. And Sony is big. So if they let that happen, it wouldn't happen. It ain't possible with them. And I suck with photo shop and couldn't do that. I can't even make a good matrix pic. I made the background but tried to put Neo in. But it looks like hes glowing. It's also too large for what I wanted to do with it.
Edited by Ao)K-General (see edit history)

if this is real, maverick is right. its very common for the l and r to switched in translation. Watch any anime and i gaurenty you will see this mistake at least once.

this maybe a fake pic where some1 may have fixed it to make it look wrong but you never know...but poeple are really good like that now a days..but if it is true i cant see how would it b that possible for no1 to be ableto pick that up....thats really ridiculous

Hey, it's just like how Oriental people have problems saying their "l"'s in the middle of a word, such as "engrish," it's no different here. If the picture is not Photoshopped, this is my hypothesis. They sounded it out and couldn't pronounce the "l" in "select," so it was "serect."

Maybe the 'L' was really not suppose to be there. Probably they just added the 'S' by mistake.In my opinion, I think the picture was edited. I don't think they will launch something like that. haha.

Well it is quite hard to believe that they would make such a typo as putting "SERECT" instead of "SELECT". I believe this is a fake, and is proved by opening the file up in Notepad. Well better look next time people who are trying to trick some people into believing the massive corporation Sony would make such an error.Nothing else to put on this issue...Have a good day!-Tom.