xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

What Is Best System For Internet? Windows Vista, XP or 2000 nt server.

I have used XP and 2000 nt server. For me XP corporate edition work more stable of 2000 nt server. And for graphics applications XP work very good. Windows vista I never experienceded.

For creating web based things Windows XP is a good system to have with Studio 8 and CS 2 available for it. As a server and as a catalyst for a web browser any version of Windows stinks because you really need to dabble and waste processor power on security hogs like Norton and SpySweeper.

A system with a celorn processor is enough to use internet. But if you want to view the multimedia contents like straming video and podcasting then you'll need a pentium class machine.

One question, do you want to know exactly about internet performance or creating internet based things?

From what I got out of it I'm guessing he wants to know what operating system is best for the internet. For servers or creation it beats me because he throws in server OSes and home OSes..

Well, then I can give my particular oppinion about that. Since I'm using Windows Vista at the moment, all I can say is that I don't notice any major differences in terms of stability and/or performance when using the internet.There could be some minor details that I can't compare with precision, but overall, I don't notice any meaningful difference between XP and Vista. Of course the browser and system settings can have an impact on internet stability, but that's not the case.

i think the XP works great i dont really think the difference in computers changes how fast ur internet goes much though becuase it really depends on your connection...and you computer just basically displays the web content...unless you put in prgrams from adobe or macromedia then yeha that makes a hell of a difference....its stuff stored in your computer...

For creating web based things Windows XP is a good system to have with Studio 8 and CS 2 available for it. As a server and as a catalyst for a web browser any version of Windows stinks because you really need to dabble and waste processor power on security hogs like Norton and SpySweeper.

yeah i agree to that, me i don't use any protection programs except like kaspersky its lite and friendly...
:P:):P

i would have to say windows xp professional because

Windows has worked all the bugs out of windows xp while windows vista is still in its early stages and still has some bugs in it

it is older thus more reliable because they have done many updates on it. thus 1st point

it has more programs designed for windows xp like Norten and Firefox(before you say something i know they are avaible on vista

i generally like it

this is why i prefer windows xp professional

Yeah, xp is at the moment failry stable, though windows 2000 is still good: the only problem is that 2000 security support will run out soon (or already has, I can't remember) thus meaning it will not be as secure on the internet. As said as well, vista is still a little buggy, so it will be a little while before vista is good, and on top of this, xp is more effiecent at web browsing ( it uses alot less system resources for just running)

The best system for the internet is Linux because internet is a place prone to many back doors and Trojans and viruses and Linux is a system where these stuffs cannot indulge. So go for Linux.

Well for stability XP and Server 2003 would be to go along with whatever linux flavor is current and provides the best security. However, its not about the operating as so much as your firewall and Anti Virus programs are current and offer the best protection. I know some people still run windows 98 and surf the internet on that computer, but it would be kind of ridiculous to be surfing on a operating system that hasn't had any support for almost 5-7 years now. Again its all about the proper protection and you could surf the internet without any problems; vista so far performs excellent on the internet with no hicups that I have seen or heard about yet.