xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AnGeL KiSS

How To Keep Your Nails Healthy

What you eat will reflect on the health of your nails, too. Lack of vitamin A and calcium causes dryness and brittleness. Lack of protein, folic acid and vitamin C causes hang nails. White bands across the nails are caused by protein deficiency. A lack of sufficient hydrochloric acid can cause splitting nails. Insufficient intake or vitamin B12 can lead to excessive dryness, very rounded and curved ends and darkening of nails. Insufficient zinc can cause development of white spots on the nails. Cuts and cracks in the nails may indicate a need for more liquids. Red skin around your cuticles can be caused by poor metabolism of essential fatty acids. Here are the guidelines to follow for improving the health of your nails: Eat a diet composed of 50% fruit and raw vegetables in order to supply necessary vitamins, minerals and enzymes. Eat foods rich in sulfur and silicon, such as broccoli, fish and onions. Include foods rich in biotin such as soy, brewers yeast and whole grains. Drink plenty of water and other liquids. You may supplement your diet with royal jelly, spirulina or kelp, which are rich in silica, zinc and B vitamins and help to strengthen your nails. Drink fresh carrot juice daily, this is high in calcium and phosphorus and is excellent for strengthening nails. Eat well and your whole body will be better, healthier, more beautiful!

That's a very informative post. The best way to keep your body healthy not just the nails but also the whole body is to eat well and SLEEP well. Sleeping is very important even for our nails. And to keep the nails short is another good way of helping the other parts of our body to be in a good and healthy position. If our nails are long they can become the medium in which disease carrying germs, bacteria, etc can enter our body and do a great harm to our body. Specially for boys it doesn't look nice to have long nails. <_<

Yes..boys..please keep your nails short and clean <_< Seeing long (dirty) nails on a guy is quite a turn-off, and this not only goes for finger nails but for toe nails aswell, unless your name is Kenichi Ito for example :( There is some sort of nail oil and when you treat your nails with it, they'll gain more elasticity and they'll look shinier! :ph34r: The 'diet' you posted, AnGeL KiSS, sounds excellent, but I do wonder how many people actually abide by it. I, for instance, absolutely detest carrot juice :(

Yes..boys..please keep your nails short and clean :ph34r: Seeing long (dirty) nails on a guy is quite a turn-off, and this not only goes for finger nails but for toe nails aswell, unless your name is Kenichi Ito for example :(

Good advice...I yell at my boyfriend all the time to clean his nails. <_<

Anyway very informative post AnGeL KiSS. Alot of this I already knew from my friend who took cosmetology. Whats rather interesting is red skin around your cuticles also could mean the person bites their nails. I bit my nails for a long time and I just recently got over it (w00t to me for breaking a 14 year habit :() and the skin around my cuticles was very red and cracked alot, even though I only bit the tips of the nail off. Once I stopped the skin around the cuticles healed and is no longer red any more.

that was pretty much impressive. i hope only girls would be caring more about the nails, we guys would be keeping it neat and properly trimmed that's enough. We dont need that shaping.