xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

How To Make A Proper Introduction Not just: Hi, I am here.

How to make a proper introduction to Xisto forum members.

FIRST OF ALL READ THE TRAP 17 FORUM RULES AND REGULATIONS

Basic Rules

In-depth Regulations

Trap 17 has these rules and regulations to maintain some kind of order in this chaotic world; to keep the forum refreshing and informative, uncluttered by useless, redundant chatter. PLEASE follow them. After all this is all for FREE and keeps Trap 17 up and running.

Who are you?

(You needn't use your legal name, but give us something to call you that is an indicator of your being.)

Where are you? ( Not necessarily specific as an address, but at least a city, state, or country.)

What brought you to Trap 17? (Did you find us through a search engine, a referal, or did you just stumble on us surfing the net?)

What would you like to accomplish at Trap 17? (Are you here for earning free hosting or just to cruise around the forum?)

If you are here for hosting, what is the theme or subject of your proposed site?

What are your interests and hobbies?

You might add a brief description that indicates your personality traits. (Occupation/student/retired, educational background, how you feel about yourself and what you like most about these things.)

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Awesome posting and Topic, Mich.Thanks for these guidelines. I wish that all new members take note of the suggestions here and post their introductions accordingly. And just a reminder that the more information you supply with your introduction, the more likely it is that a member will find something in common with you and the easier it will be to "connect" with others on the forum.Also, a longer introduction provides you with more credits than a quick 'My name is Bill and I like it here'. And Credits are what makes the Forum work for you.<_<

Excellent tutorial mich!I think small introductions dont have much to say and a detailed introduction gives a little idea about the person which helps in making a better community.

Good idea on making this Mich. It should give the new members something to talk about when they join and hopefully make the introduction topics longer. lol, and yes. Why not put this in the Introductions forum? I think people would see it there rather then here first.

great tutorial, when i saw it i was kind of skeptical, but then i actually read it and it was pretty good, i might link to it on my own forums! :)

Yeah good idea... I've been on so many forums where the people that post introductions just say "Hello I am new".Nobody every responds, and it wastes everyones time... if you cant take the time to work on an introduction (if your even going to post one), you won't be able to make a good post....