xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

I've Finally Done It...

Yes, after 3 weeks of giving it the benefit of the doubt, i've finally got rid of Netscape 8.1 & gone back to Firefox.It is a shame, as Netscape has the potential to be an extremely good browser. The built-in security centre is excellent, as is the password manager.I've just grown tired with how slow it is, the amount of times it randomly crashes etcAnyone else found the same thing, or am I just unlucky?

Well congratulations on your switch.From what I heard, they couldn't get a proper budget to put in research into this product and that's why they aren't able to catch up with their competitors.Around approximately 4 years back, my ISP would provide and recommend the use of Netscape, but cut back the use and aren't bothered anymore. I thought the company went extinct or changed companies or something like that.

Yeah thats a good choice on leave netscape. Sure it was a good security center but like you said its to slow and crashes to much. Have you tried Opera before? Its a really good browser if you want it to load pages fast and go without lots of crashes. Then again I hear Firefox is pretty good, I myself stick with using my Internet Explorer. lol

Congrats on your switch too! On my laptop it has Netscape. I sort of like it as in the added features that it has long since came up since the first browsers that came out. The old ones were like ancient. haha. But the new looks is nice or well mediocre. The functionality great. It is slow to load for me too. I didn't want to download firefox because i dn't like it that much. I don't want to tweak and stuff. Loll I'm such a lazy bum. I still use IE like browsers like MyIE2 which is really Maxthon.

Wise choice. Netscape has fallen so badly from the days when the internet first came out into the world. IIRC Netscape was leading Microsoft for a while when it came to the leading browsers in the mid 90sIts a shame they couldnt catch up to the competitors, the final nail in the coffin came when Firefox was released (which used a similar engine to Netscape - Mozilla).

I just have Internet Explorer just for the sake of those noobs who will anyways browse my sites using the default browser that comes with Microsoft Operating System which they don't even know and think Computer as Microsoft. Out there there are many people like that. And I must take care of how my sites look and appear in their browser. Otherwise, firefox browser is the first choice and I now I'm in LOVE with Firefox. And with Google Firefox referral allowing us to earn I can't ask for more from this awesome browser. I also feel you've made the right choice of switching to the FF browser. I also have ditched Netscape 10 months back.

I just have Internet Explorer just for the sake of those noobs who will anyways browse my sites using the default browser that comes with Microsoft Operating System which they don't even know and think Computer as Microsoft. Out there there are many people like that. And I must take care of how my sites look and appear in their browser. Otherwise, firefox browser is the first choice and I now I'm in LOVE with Firefox. And with Google Firefox referral allowing us to earn I can't ask for more from this awesome browser.
I also feel you've made the right choice of switching to the FF browser. I also have ditched Netscape 10 months back.

Haha.. I have the "IE Tab" Firefox extension just for that purpose. All the IE 'goodness' without ever leaving Firefox XD

I've never used Netscape, but Firefox is so smooth and customizable, it's a hit with most people who try it. I've heard lots of good things about Opera, too, but Firefox has yet to give me a reason to try out a new browser.. ^^