xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

Have Diferences Of Performance Form Ps2 Full Console To Mini-ps2?

The only problem that I see would be that the slim version would overheat quickly because it doesn't have a fan, while the regular PS2 has a fan, and runs much cooler.I've never actually seen a slim PS2 cut off due to overheating, but I am pretty sure that it could happen.

I don't see any difference in performance between the two. As for the slimmer PS2 being capable of overheating, it's possible, but it hasn't happened to me yet. When i was about to purchase the slim PS2, the workers at the electronic store were telling me about on how it could overheat, and that people were returning their PS2's because of that, and trying to sell me a warrenty. But i've had my PS2 on for a couple of days before, still works fine; even if the temperature in my house was pretty warm. I guess some people don't know how to take care of their stuff?

Nope there is no difference in proformance i have played both of the systems are they seem to run the same to me. I have never had a problem with the slim verison overheating either but yes i have heard of it just like the xbox 360's now.

then just 1 advantage from PS2 full to mini, is possibility in transformer in Computer?

You'll have to rephrase that.

But my full PS2 just burned out mabye a week ago, and I knew I wouldn't be able to last without one until the PS3 came out, let alone until its price dropped. So I started reading up online about the slim PS2 to compare how it runs differently than the PS2 (without the fan and harddrive of course) and if one was better than the other. All people were saying is that it overheats to quickly because of the lack of a cooling fan but I went out and bought one and I've kept it on for a while and I'll admit it does get a little warm but it's not that bad, and I don't see any problems in the near future.

If my ps2 broke and I had to get a new one I would get the old ps2 the origional!!! the newer smaller one is more portable however it has a major design floor.... THE DISK DRIVE OPENS UPWARD!!! what the point of having it so small if you put it in a small gap you can't open the disc drive... Thats like releasing an MP4 player with a tiny rectangle screen... stupid!

there is really no difference of performance pertaining to lag's freezes and such.i have 2 of the fat and 2 of the slim.this is the things the only difference i clearly remember.the fat has a fan and the slim doesn't this means longer playability but too bad it is not resistant to dirt and such.the slim has the worse cd inserter forgot whats the term but its the thing where you insert your cd's. It may lock two pins but not all of them and in turn will not make the cd turn fluidly and the cd will have scratches when the time is prolonged. The fat has no problem on this one other than it's easier to destroy the cd drive.the fat's lens are not that resistant than the newer lens of the slims.it is easier to clean the slim than the fat one.this are the problems i encounter with the fat and slim hope it helps :)