xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gunbound

Drupal explanation

Drupal is just one of the Addoncgi cgi scripts that I don't understand. What is it for? Can anyone explain what it is supposed to be used for?

Drupal is a CMS, like PHP-Nuke and so on, if you want to make a portal you could use it.btw, you shouldn't use the addon script things, you should use fantastico instead. The addon scripts had some bugs in them.

What is Drupal? I know it is a content management system or whatever.Why should we use Drupal?How is Drupal useful?Is it better than writing our own PHP/XHTML/CSS?Should I use Drupal if I want to take over the Internet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drupal

That should give you the answer.

Content Management Systems(CMSes) relieve you of needing to write your own code, so updating a page, removing an announcement, and adding a link or download.

Of course you could write your own CMS that tailors to your needs. That's what I did for OS Advocacy III.

Unless you're using Coranto, Content Management Systems show you are a lazy admin who doesn't want to put an actual unless you try to make a unique template, and that means much harder work than a Coranto based page using Nvu or Dreamweaver to create a page