xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Ms Service Pack 2

I had an auto update telling me I needed to install service pack 2 earlier, this I did. How I wish I didnt :SI am a Mac man through & through, but I use the pc at home for pratting around on. Since installing the update my computer has gone extremely slow, msn took 8 minutes 34 seconds to open & log me in, before it was pretty instant :S All 3 web browsers I have now work in one gear - reverse.Is there an easy way to get rid of it? I tried the last restore point but its still them same.

There must be some other eason then.Although I am not a Microsoft fan myself, I must say that SP2 is probably not to blame for that.128 Mb RAM is a bit low these days.And I see you have a 1Ghz processor as well, not one of the fastest around.It obviously always helps to put more RAM into your PC, but do make sure you check for viruses and spyware, they are often the main culprit for symptoms of that kind.It would also help to delete all the .tmp files that are present on your system, cause they sometimes make your PC go down to the speed of a pushbike.