xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

Anyone Know If Doom 3 Can Run With Good Speed With Duron 1gb Processor?

My friend wish sell your duron 1GB

your or his?? anyways graphic card has big role to play 3d games,if he has graphic card of 128 or 256 with 758+ ram(memory),then it will play good.

It will not run, I am sorryi have a computer with 512mb of ram and a 32mb graphics card and a 2.8ghz processor and it doesnyt run good at alltha graphics are so slow it looks like pure *BLEEP*if you do a 360 and turn around once, it will probably only show like 10 frames and it will lag sooo much.believe me dont even try to play it. just get a used xbox or something and buy the game for 5 bucks off ebay it will be a much better deal.

Nope, i've had the same problem before, Laggs a lot, really slow it is like frame by frame..but you never know i used the same comp with a different gfx driver and it worked better but not the best <_< . Dont know if the driver is what made the difference.

i don't know if that will help at all but if you get a really good graphics card that should make quite a big difference but at the end of the day a processor running at 1 ghertz probally will not be able to handle that game properly. So if i was you i would just get new pc with newer components and then you will be able to run doom properly. If you buy a desent machine just under the specs of the common ones at the moment it will be fairly cheap and be fairly competitive when comes to how it runs aswell. But don't bother trying to add stuff here and there to a machine that is very slow it will be a waste of time and money.

basically what everyone is tryin to say is, no. for most modern games a 1ghz processor just wont cut it, heck, a 1ghz processor probaly wont cut it for many older games too. But you also need plenty of good ram, id say at least 512 ddr (being a WoW fan i have a gig). And ultimatly you need a good video card, but your geforce 4 will run it. check out newegg.com for really good prices for these parts.

Edited by Cashed (see edit history)

Hard disk SATA i think is better for games too. But I dont have this type, using ATA at the moment. If anybody have please post performance here.

Your Hard Disk makes only a small percentage of the overall perfomance of a game :)
So better think of RAM, GPU and CPU...
Edited by SolarX (see edit history)