xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
msabas

When Do You Say I Need Some Space?

At what point in a long relation ship do you say Hey I need a break or Ineed to spend time on my own?Just imagine a new couple, being toghether almost everyday if not every other day. As the relation ship grows time passes. The relation ship evolves into something more. eventually to marriage.But this entire time, you are deeply in love and you continue to spend almost every minute together. and you start to realize that you need some time away as well. but at this point suggesting something like this would cause the other person to think well whats wrong are you no longer interested in me.ofcourse you still are and the love has not changed, so this bring me to the question when is it good time to bring this up.Im sure the best time would be when modlding hte relationship. But who really knows how a relationship will turn out to be like in the future. so most of us spent alot of time with that peron, and sometimes it evolvesd to what i mentioned above. and then you just cant get away..

In my opinion its never good to talk about these things mostly when you two have been so close to each for months.But the best way of doing it would probly be by sitting down with your partner and talking about how you feel, make her/him understand that you only want some time for yourself and not that you not interested in him/her anymore.It would be wish also at that moment to show your love for that person so that she/he cant feel or think that you just doing this because you not interested any more.

i think everybody needs to spend some time alone or with friends and have some space of their own. it's very important to have lots of trust and in my opinion the relationship should be like that from the start. you can have time for everything. try to organize one day per week to be with your friends or to be alone and tell to your partner,from the start that in those days you have plans already. my boyfriend leaves his job and every single day he goes with his friends to a coffee after work and stays there for an hour,more or less,except weekends. and i do the same with my girlfriends! and we see eachother at nigth. we have time for everything. just because we are together doesn't mean he can't have our own life. sometimes i go with him and his friends,sometimes he comes with me and some time we are all togheter!! and then,at nigth we are with eachother. but it was always like this,since the beggining of the relationship. for as hard if it may be,if you think you need space i think you should talk and explain to you partner that because otherwise the relationship will be saturating and you will end up figthing and that kind of thing. everyone needs to spend time with other people and i'm sure that your boy or girlfriend will also appreciate to spend some time alone or with their frieds also. just because you want that doesn't meens you don't love eachother anymore. but one advice,don't say: "i need space",that sounds like a breakup,say that you and your friends have decided to take one day for week to be together and just hang out and tell her or him to do the same. it will be good to you. and also introduce her or him to your friends at first so she or he feel safer. and after you go with your friends tell her how it was and ask her how it was her reunion with her friends and all that. you will see that would be good for you both. i date for 5 years and a half now,so as you can see,that's not a sign of anything and it's not bad at all.

Im slightly confused, are you married or is that what is planned? Although im not married, i think it would be appropriate to have like a "guys night" or whatever, but saying you want a break sounds a little harsh for a spouse, marriage is a everyday thing, but im sure you would know that better than I. If it is just a girlfriend/boyfriend deal, i say just tell them face to face, but reassure them that your feelings have not changed at all.

At what point in a long relation ship do you say Hey I need a break or Ineed to spend time on my own?
Just imagine a new couple, being toghether almost everyday if not every other day. As the relation ship grows time passes. The relation ship evolves into something more. eventually to marriage.

But this entire time, you are deeply in love and you continue to spend almost every minute together. and you start to realize that you need some time away as well. but at this point suggesting something like this would cause the other person to think well whats wrong are you no longer interested in me.

ofcourse you still are and the love has not changed, so this bring me to the question when is it good time to bring this up.

Im sure the best time would be when modlding hte relationship. But who really knows how a relationship will turn out to be like in the future. so most of us spent alot of time with that peron, and sometimes it evolvesd to what i mentioned above. and then you just cant get away..

I think thew best time to say I need some space is anytime you feel you need some space, regardless of which point you are int he relationship. You must remember that even though you are in a relationship, you are still an indivedual with rights to privacy and having your own space. Just because you are attached doesn't mean that you have to give up your rights. If you find that your partner intrudes into your personal space, let him or her know and ask them to back off.