xisto Community
techfreakorama

Working/ Not Working Programs Of Windows Vista

Hello to all,Opening this new thread regarding the working and non-working programs/softwares with Windows VISTA Beta 2. Whoever is using this beta release is asked to share their information on what programs/softwares works and doesn't work with their copy of the beta OS.Please remember - this thread is NOT about the list of features about the beta version, ONLY the programs/softwares which can be / cannot be run on this OS, with any issues/malfunctions.Starting with mine.. as i have posted in another thread here:Working:=======Java 2 Runtime Environment 1.5.0. Update 6KLite Mega Codec 1.53mIRC 6.17Nero 6.6.0.16Windows LIVE Messenger 8.0 build 8.0.0792.00Yahoo Messenger 7 Build 04372007 Microsoft Office system Beta 2Yahoo Messenger 8 BetaFirefox v3.0 A1 "Minefield"Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2Winamp 5.24TweakVistaBootVistaPixelview 8.01 Tv tuner drivers(barely)Logitech setpoint 2.6Azureus 2.4.0.2 ( ? resume with shared incomplete downloads witht he XP counter part upon reboot) minus AeroNOT Working (Not compatible/Doesn't Install/Don't work after Install):================================================== ==McAfee VirusScan Professional Edition 7.03 RetailMcafee VirusScan Professional Edition 2006Acrobat Reader 7.07ImageResizer Powertoy SetupTuneUp Utilities 2006 5.0.2331ymsgr8us (8 beta)ymsgr75us (7.5)Download Accelerator Plus 8.0.4.1LimeWire Pro 4.12.0/4.12.3features of Asus A8N SLI Prem(1302) onboard Audio. like volume controls for line in etc.Now lets see what others are working on....Installed today:Windows Vista x86 Beta 2 ForceWare Release 85 88.61 May 23, 2006 (working)Yahoo Messenger 8 Beta installs well.. starts well. when i signin, it hangs up and windows error reporting comes up, so i got rid of it and installed Yahoo Messenger 7.5 instead.

In response to your post, it's very likely that alot of programs aren't going to work with Windows Vista at first, this is simply because all operating systems apart from linux are uggy to start with don't you think?As well as that, Vista has alot ore hardware interaction than its predecessors because of the new filesystem, the new graphics architecture and the new window system.The graphics arcitecture is a massive step snce it's a complete change from Direct X, Avalon is supposed to use different hardware algorhythms and different graphics formats, so there's gonn abe lots of problems with htis between Microsoft and other companies because since Win 95 they've never changed the graphics core.In addition, like Windows XP, applications programmed for Vista are going to malfunction because Vista won't interact with programs perfectly at the start.Personally, I'm not gonna download vista 'til at least 6 months after its release because of all the security flaws.What do yo guys think?

Well of course it's very likely many programs won't work with Vista because they make things too secure on that thing. Sure it is a good thing to be protected from security risks but that then makes it so you aren't free to do other things on your computer like run some of those programs. I'm not saying that is why they don't work but probably some. That's why I'm going to stick with XP as long as I can.