xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FallenSage

Upload Size

I'm using a nuke portal and I have a download module that people can upload files to. But the max upload size is 2 mb. They keep saying it is not them setting this. I was just wonder if there is anyway to change this file size limit? I they say you can create a php.ini and do something to a .htaccess files. I would do them my self but I don't see a php.ini and I don't know how to make one. Also I don't know what .htaccess or if it matters.

PHP.INI is maintained on the server and its settings affect all the users on the server. Hence, editing anything in PHP.ini file in not possible in many cases..htacess is a file you have it in your www folder or any directory where you want the rules in .htaccess to apply :-) Hence, if that setting can be changed by putting entries in .htaccess file, feel free to create one and add the code :-)