xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
RockinTheCasbah

The Worst Video Game Plots. Not the game play

I think the worst video game plot would probably have to be the Super Mario games. I mean, yes, the games are great, mostly, but when you think about it, the whole plot is terrible. A plumber and his brother get sucked down the drain, into a mushroom kingdom, and they have to save a princess from a dinosaur type thing. <_<

Are you referring to the game itself (is there a plot?) or the movie?I try to avoid playing crappy games, but I thought that Chronicles of Riddick had a very poor plot.

The worst plot would probably be those games that don't even have one. Examples: Pac-man <_<But not all of the Mario games have bad plots. Some of them have good ones too.

I seem to remember some game on the Colour Gameboy that involved a Lego guy delivering pizza around an island. Surely that was designed in a coffee break in Starbucks? No plot whatsoever and rather repetitive...

Im refering to the video games, and yes, mario games do have different plots, but most of the time, their basically the same thing over and over again. I do like mario games, dont get me wrong, just the basic plot is pretty terrible, although it doesnt really have to make the game play terrible. PS- the mario sport games and mario party games do not apply to what I said. although...now that I think about it,the mario party game plots are pretty bad....

I myself hate the plots of Rachet & Clank games and Jak & Daxter, theyre both fun to play and all, cool graphics, guns but they are so boring when you finally see who the baddy is, even when you know who he/she was at the start.Basically for both of them, its saving the world or saving Haven City.

well for you kids of the playstation/xbox era it wasn't about the story in the atari/nintendo glory days. it was about the challange and about 90% of those games where nothing but challanges. Due to the fact that you could not save on pretty much all the games that didn't have the save feature on it. I doubt anyone could name one person who successfully beat teenage mutant turtles 1 without cheating and rom hack.I think the only games who plot sucks are the ones trying to keep it alive. Though super mario is greatest game of all time they should have stopped period with super nintendo series, the game boys ports are ok, but anything after that is just beating a dead horse.Of course I think pretty much all the fps games are crap, due to the fact the single player modes are junk and are use just to fill space for the multiplayer mods.

The worst of the worst are probably at Something Awful's ROM Pit. Games with odd and wierd plots like Bible Buffet, Wally Bear and the NO! Gang, and Super 3D Noah's Ark litter their web space.

I think that wally bear.But nikki206 or trap feedbacker that grand theft auto is a very cool game but halo is totally awersome and if you think that halo is a crap game then you are nmot a true gamer.-reply by abbc

Replying to iGuestMario has a better plot than Halo... At least you know why people are where they are in Mario... Halo you just wake up and kill people in all 3 games... So if you think Halo is the best game out there then you my friend are not a true gamer.

The worst plot would probably be those games that don't even have one. Examples: Pac-man :)
But not all of the Mario games have bad plots. Some of them have good ones too.

lol yeah pac-man would have to be the worst plot. you get chased by these weird things! but in simple games like pac-man and mario you don't really need a good plot. in games like call of duty the plot was made during the war so they didn't need to invent anything but where a plot is most important is in games that focus more on what has happened in the past and what is going to happen like the matrix games. rather than games that just focus on killing or whatever.

Halo doesn't make you a true gamer. I think nobody is a true gamer if they don't have a variety of games. That's just full of arrogance. Halo is nothing more than a popularity contest. It does have a very weak plot, I mean, an alien invasion? Hasn't that plot been beaten to death millions of times? I mean in comparison with Doom, atleast that game had an interesting plot to it. You're fighting demons and are actually in Hell and having to fight your way out and on top of it prevent Hell from taking over everything.

FPS games these days have little to no plot to them anymore, it's all about multiplayer. If they need a plot, they'll slap down a generic plot to it and call it a day.

-reply by ToastyKeywords: