xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
techfreakorama

Free Linux Cds...

This, and also try Ubuntu.com. I've tried, and they will ship you any number of CDs no matter where in the world you live. In fact, they will encourage you to order more CDs because they would have to pay for the shipping anyway and ordering more would reduce their average cost of shipping per CD.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
All linux distros can be ordered for free.

Please don't abuse it. If you don't need it or can download it from the net then don't order. And if you can donate, then do so.

I think u can order only one distro at once.. althugh i have not tried it yet.... (didnt want to waste their resources)..

Is this Shipping free or we've to pay for shipping like Ubuntu.

free as in free beer... moreover they r shipping different flavours and not just ubuntu...they r also shipping dvd of distros like suse, mandriva, gentoo, debian etc etc...almost all the distros r covered by them(although i have myself oordered and i am waiting for them )

Is this Shipping free or we've to pay for shipping like Ubuntu.

Ubuntu doesn't charge the orderer anything for shipping. As I've mentioned in my post, it's completely free. That's the whole point of the Ubuntu project. They hire the programmers and pay them, and then they distribute the CDs for no cost at all, unlike what we currently experience, that is the programmers are paid for, but each CD then producded also has to be paid for.

Again, Ubuntu is absolutly free.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
All linux distros can be ordered for free.

Please don't abuse it. If you don't need it or can download it from the net then don't order. And if you can donate, then do so.

I think u can order only one distro at once.. althugh i have not tried it yet.... (didnt want to waste their resources)..

thanx man i really needed that link... :)